2011 College Baseball Thread

zenryan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Wow, UVA escapes once again. South Carolina gets the first two on a strands them.

Gotta think UVA makes them pay this inning now.

Thank god someone else is watching this (I'm out of market for the Sox so I have them playing on the laptop). Bases loaded for UVA in the bottom of the 13th, no out. Strikeout, sharp liner to second and double up the runner to get out of the huge jam. Bah, I love baseball.

Hat, fitting that UVA's closer (107 pitches) is replaced by our 36th round pick to pitch the 13th.

Edit: two sac bunts, two errors by our pitcher. Walk off winner for the Gamecocks on an attempt to get the lead runner at 3rd on the bunt.

Awesome game.

Edited by The Baconator

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
I bet Capn is the only watching this CWS semifinal besides me right now. This is an awesome game, love it. I'm cheering for the Gamecocks (got my hat before the CWS started last year, rocking it tonight). In extras right now, game has been full of some gutsy pitching, very exciting stuff.

Man, what a damn game....thats the type of game I sure as hell don't want to lose, after going that long.

Well, Price really muscled up when he needed to, and now he won't be available for a few days, but what a game!

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
Man, what a damn game....thats the type of game I sure as hell don't want to lose, after going that long.

Well, Price really muscled up when he needed to, and now he won't be available for a few days, but what a game!

Sounds like the Sox game...

Fullerton hired its former long time assistant, Vanderhooke. He had been the top assistant at UCLA since Serrano took over Fullerton (he was pissed that Fullerton took Serrano over him back than). Hopefully it works out. He's very experienced and knows Fullerton and wants to be there.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
Safe on that double play ball. Florida should have the game won.

Ummm...

how would that win the game for Florida? There would still be bases loaded, 2 outs. He got the guy at home first.

• 1 month later...