4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

Since thornton is not closing this inning watch him do good here.

==============================================================================

Only in the 9th do opposing batters know he pitches a fastball 99.8 percent of the time.

In the 8th or 10th, they likely think he has a 7 pitch arsenal.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)

Only in the 9th do opposing batters know he pitches a fastball 99.8 percent of the time.

lol

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)

It's true. This is why I still had issues with letting go of Bobby, even though he was expensive and management had enough. He was a proven closer, and MT is hardly anything but. My opinion is Matt doesn't have the mentality to close. No reason why, just my opinion, I don't think he has the attitude. Time will tell...but that 10th is a perfect example of the role MT has been so good at, and I don't see a reason for losing that...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Good lord. I've been saying for a while now that 2013 is going to be a scary year for the the other 4 ALC teams. The Royals are going to be soo stacked.

The fans out here deserve some winning. KC has sucked for so long it's hard to fathom.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
It's true. This is why I still had issues with letting go of Bobby, even though he was expensive and management had enough. He was a proven closer, and MT is hardly anything but. My opinion is Matt doesn't have the mentality to close. No reason why, just my opinion, I don't think he has the attitude. Time will tell...but that 10th is a perfect example of the role MT has been so good at, and I don't see a reason for losing that...

I think Kalapse has said something to the effect that Thornton was pretty much perfect in save situations last season. The bullpen's just not right this season so far. I don't know why.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Good lord. I've been saying for a while now that 2013 is going to be a scary year for the the other 4 ALC teams. The Royals are going to be soo stacked.

It won't be as easy as just calling all these kids up and them going Jason Heyward and Strasburg right away. But their depth is so much that they don't need all of them to pan out. And the ones you might not be sure about you can use as trade chips. They've got to stop with all the horrible FA signings, though.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
I wasn't aware they brought Bob Hamelin back to shag foul balls down the left field line...

I saw Bob Hamelin beat the Sox one time in the ninth. God I was so mad that night in the K.

We led 3-0 the whole f***ing game and it all imploded in the ninth.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
Ok, then I don't want to see one single opinion out of you on anything in the majors until the appropriate number of games have been played. K? You seriously need to calm down and maybe count to 10 or something. You've clearly got some issues over there.

I really don't make opinions without a decent sample size. You really only see me say "They are throwing/hitting/s***ting/drinking/whatever well, I hope they keep it up."

The fact that Ohman has been garbage thus far? Don't care. Let me see him be garbage for a few more outings before I declare him the worst pitcher in the world.

The fact that Quentin has been amazing? Don't care. Let me see him do it for more than 2 weeks before I even think he's the greatest hitter to ever walk the planet.

And I will yell and scream whenever I want, especially when I feel like people are making ridiculous statements. Suggesting that Sergio Santos is a candidate to be a closer because he's been the White Sox best reliever through 5 games and he himself has only thrown 2 games is f***ing ridiculous.

Now, if you wanted to say "I've seen he has great stuff, he performed really well last year until he hit a wall and his arm fell off, so I think he could be a candidate to close if he can prove that his arm can last the whole year," then I wouldn't have freaked out. Make sense?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
I saw Bob Hamelin beat the Sox one time in the ninth. God I was so mad that night in the K.

We led 3-0 the whole f***ing game and it all imploded in the ninth.

I'm not going to lie, The Hammer was my absolute favorite Royal at one time, but I was 8-9 years old...