2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
It would be nice for a team in downtown chicago to be very good, especially with hometown talent. I would take the el up there to watch some games for sure. If they were at all seriously competitive it could be a wrigleyville type atmosphere around there.

It would be nice if a team in downtown chicago was good, too bad depaul isn't located there...it's just way too tough to get people, especially students, out to those games. Every game is owned by the opposing fan base, I've been to Uconn, Louisville, Syracuse, and ND games, and it's about 80/20 visitors.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
It would be nice if a team in downtown chicago was good, too bad depaul isn't located there...it's just way too tough to get people, especially students, out to those games. Every game is owned by the opposing fan base, I've been to Uconn, Louisville, Syracuse, and ND games, and it's about 80/20 visitors.

Yeah, i completely forgot they stopped playing at sheffield and fullerton.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 07:09 PM)
It was more like "i wasnt thinking" instead of forgot. I've spent alot of time at the fieldhouse over there admiring the old jerseys and whatnot and my brain went the other direction.

Is that the one they turned into dorms? Or is it still there?

In any case, if DePaul could somehow build an arena in Lincoln Park (I realize the property alone would be ridiculously expensive), they'd be in a much better position. Way way way way better atmosphere than...Rosemont. I mean, even splitting the Gentile Center with Loyola (no idea if that's even an option) would be a better choice.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
I agree. As a proud (ha) DePaul Law grad

I win! UST is the defending NCAA Basketball champs...in DIII.

Seriously though, I'm glad I went to a "well known" sports school for undergrad (discounting any jokes about IU's irrelevancy the past few years in basketball, and as for football...well, at least we can say we're in the Big Ten, ha!); it makes it way easier going to a law school that's part of a DIII-athletics university.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)

That's very cool & respectful to the military, especially since it's the ship that had Bin Laden's body. As far as the actual basketball goes, it has the potential to be awful.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
That's very cool & respectful to the military, especially since it's the ship that had Bin Laden's body. As far as the actual basketball goes, it has the potential to be awful.

Every basket that is scored is going to have to be by dunk or layup.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 05:14 AM)
I try and hold out as much hope as I can. This maybe the worst offensive squad in SIU history coming this season.

I've tried but there's just no point until the asshole is gone. It sucks too because this is going to be the first season in a while where the Valley has multiple teams that can actually win a tourny game or two and SIU is going to be at the bottom of the Valley standings once again.