Milledge DFA

justBLAZE

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
OK, B-R is confusing me. It may be even less than 44 games with an appearance in the outfield for Lillibridge.

It's 22. I think you are doubling up the OF stats along with the LF/RF/CF with are listed separately.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
After two seconds of research, it was easy to see that you only looked at total numbers. I'm talking about how he performs against lefties, and he hits them very well.

After two seconds of research, it was easy to see that you had only looked at Juan Pierre's handedness. I'm talking about how he performs against lefties, and he hits them very well.

Hard to believe there are 8 pages of debate on whether we should vote for a turd sandwich or giant douche.

Its the last guy on the roster, Sox must have felt versatility trumped the fact Lasting may have been a (slightly) better player.

Edited by Soxbadger

People need to look at Lillibridge's minor league numbers. He's a terrible offensive player period. He'll probably hit around .200 - .230 at the major league level. He doesn't provide plus defense at any position either. He only offers speed and versatility.

The problem is with a four man bench, he'll sneak into the lineup far too often. He will start costing us games. In a sport where every regular season game matters, small moves like these add up and can make the difference between making the playoffs and not.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
People need to look at Lillibridge's minor league numbers. He's a terrible offensive player period. He'll probably hit around .200 - .230 at the major league level. He doesn't provide plus defense at any position either. He only offers speed and versatility.

The problem is with a four man bench, he'll sneak into the lineup far too often. He will start costing us games. In a sport where every regular season game matters, small moves like these add up and can make the difference between making the playoffs and not.

+111111

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)

You could have wrote that same paragraph about Milledge in reference to his defense so far this year. It is pretty easy to argue that he very well already cost us at least one game this year.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
I'm not a Lillibridge fan at all, but that doesn't mean you keep Milledge. His numbers don't make up for his lack of effort. Again, he's a 4th OF'er.

And? Who said otherwise? Nobody wanted Milledge to start. But I'll wait until more about this hopefully comes out. This can't be based off of a few mental lapses defensively over the course of a whopping two games. The White Sox have been home to some of the worst individual defenders the league has ever seen. '07 to '09 Jermaine Dye, CQ and Teahen.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
I'm not a Lillibridge fan at all, but that doesn't mean you keep Milledge. His numbers don't make up for his lack of effort. Again, he's a 4th OF'er.

I like Lillibridge. he is a scraper and fills the role he is supposed to fill very well. Folks seem to forget that a role player off the bench is not the all star player like Konerko, Dunn or others. They bench plays a specific role when called on. I believe Lillibridge does a good job for us and gives it his all.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
I like Lillibridge. he is a scraper and fills the role he is supposed to fill very well. Folks seem to forget that a role player off the bench is not the all star player like Konerko, Dunn or others. They bench plays a specific role when called on. I believe Lillibridge does a good job for us and gives it his all.

Wait a minute, there's a role on a Major League baseball team to be bad at everything? I can fill that role. I'm cheap, too. I'll do it for $50 G's

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
I don't consider jogging after a ball that's bouncing toward the fence with a runner circling the bases a mental lapse. Milledge isn't a good enough hitter to overlook that. Hell, he's not even a starter.

You raise a valid point, but based on one play I can't say Milledge didn't deserve the opportuinity and may well still be on ths team. He lost out ths time simply because of the relief corp failing us in the first few games plus Lillibridge has more flexibility

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
Wait a minute, there's a role on a Major League baseball team to be bad at everything? I can fill that role. I'm cheap, too. I'll do it for $50 G's

If you need this level of hyperbole to make your point, there's no reason for anyone to agree with you.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)

Good luck with that. Let me know how it works out :lol:

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)

ever notice that his bat is way too big for him?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
If you need this level of hyperbole to make your point, there's no reason for anyone to agree with you.

I don't require people to agree with me to have an opinion. Lillibridge is a joke of a baseball player and I'm personally insulted by anyone who suggests otherwise. I mean like for real. My feelings are hurt.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)

Lillibridge is a terrible hitter no doubt, but he is also a decent defensive player at multiple positions and has great speed. That is hardly bad at everything.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)
Twitter chatter says he accepted his assignment. Not sure if he even had an out-clause. Guessing we'll still have to wait the three days for waiver claims.

No one is going to claim him. He is going to Charlotte and will be back up if anything happens.