White Sox (Floyd) v. Yankees (Nova) 6:05pm

Reddy

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 01:13 AM)
Dude, you're jumping on a rookie because he's not starting out of the gate hitting .300 and driving in clutch runs. Secondly, you think Teahen's better. I respectfully disagree. Strongly.

I'm jumping on Morel cause he looks overmatched at the plate and has been nothing special in the field. With everyone else slumping, we can't afford to play someone who's struggling so much when Teahen or Omar is swinging better than him. This isn't the year to let a rookie take his lumps.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
They do when a players entire stance and timing mechanism is changed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
Anyone who thinks that way is an absolute idiot

Please tell me you knew I was joking. I've wanted to get rid of Walker since 2007.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 01:14 AM)
Gotta agree. I'd rather give Morel a full season to prove that he is worthless considering that Teahen already got that chance.

One could say Teahen never got a full season with the Sox. I'm not a Teahen fan, but it's not like Morel is some can't miss prospect who is the future of the organization.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
I'm jumping on Morel cause he looks overmatched at the plate and has been nothing special in the field. With everyone else slumping, we can't afford to play someone who's struggling so much when Teahen or Omar is swinging better than him. This isn't the year to let a rookie take his lumps.

I think a rookie is going to look overmatched at times. His effort and ability to take pitches to RF however shows that he's got the saavy to adjust to some of the big league pitchers he's facing.

I think spelling him on occasion with Omar/Teahen is fine.

This is the year to let him take his lumps because if you're looking for make or break production from the 9-hole then what kind of a season are you going to have anyway?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
I think a rookie is going to look overmatched at times. His effort and ability to take pitches to RF however shows that he's got the saavy to adjust to some of the big league pitchers he's facing.

I think spelling him on occasion with Omar/Teahen is fine.

This is the year to let him take his lumps because if you're looking for make or break production from the 9-hole then what kind of a season are you going to have anyway?

Good argument ginger