5/29 at Blue Jays

flavum

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Didn't Kenny say June 1 was the date he'd assess the team?

There's a lot of pressure on him to make the right trades the rest of the year.

Who will be dealt first?

Who the hell on this team would anybody want? Ramirez and Santos. But you obviously don't want to trade them.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Well we are going to be. We don't have very tradeable assets. We don't pick til 47th this year. We have huge contracts tied up to unproductive and injured players. We really won't be good for like five years IMO.

Five years would be under incompetent direction. Big market team like the Sox should be two years.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Yea, but uncle Jerry didn't like the fact that Himes didn't want to trade away any prospects to compete with the A's down the stretch in 1990 so he was shown the door.

Does it surpise you that jerry likes kenny so much?

Larry Himes I forgot about that jack-leg.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Well then just sit back and relax and watch. It's not rocket science. We were due for a season where we were out of it in May.

Let's just hope somehow this can be fixed/tweaked and the Sox aren't a s***ty team for years to come.

You don't get it, greg. Everybody and their mothers knew what the stakes were going into this year. This has been a complete and total avalanche and it's not even f***ing June yet. That's about as demoralizing as it gets.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
Five years would be under incompetent direction. Big market team like the Sox should be two years.

How? We have no farm system. We can't spend in free agency. We have few economically friendly players.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 29, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)

Yes but given the awful contracts and the poor state of the farm system, even under competent direction, I think that this mess will take five years to sort out.

My suggestions in order ...

a.) Quietly kill all the 'all-in' commercials and mention on website.

b.) Fire Ozzie and Kenny both and promote this Hahn guy.

c.) See if that wakes up the team and it actually plays ball.

d.) In the interim, start planning trades and lots of em. If we don't go 9-1 in the 10 games with new manager/GM, start dealing.

Give away players if you have to.

Trade in order, Juan, Rios, Dunn, Edwin, Danks and Paulie.

Oh I forgot, Peavy after Rios.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
That wouldn't make sense. You trade your older, high-priced vets to get young pieces back so you can start the rebuild.

Trading the older vets would just be a salary dump, assuming that you can even move them. If you want to restock your farm system, sadly you have to trade your more valuable assets

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
That'd be kinda hard considering he hasn't been around a few seasons. This board would've shutdown if we had traded Gordon after '09.

But it's still too bad we didn't.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ May 29, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
Trading the older vets would just be a salary dump, assuming that you can even move them. If you want to restock your farm system, sadly you have to trade your more valuable assets

Will anybody think Rios/Peavy/Dunn/AJ/Jackson can contribute? I think you can trade them. Unfortuately you may have to eat salary and Jerry may not want those type of deals.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
Will anybody think Rios/Peavy/Dunn/AJ/Jackson can contribute? I think you can trade them. Unfortuately you may have to eat salary and Jerry may not want those type of deals.

JR will NOT eat a dime.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)

Huh? No. You don't trade youth for youth (though Ramirez is not young), but he plays a premium position and is pretty damn good. What do you think a rebuild is?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)

AJ might be the only one of that group that might be able to get moved and even that is unlikely.