I hate off-days during winning streaks.

southsider2k5

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
I don't mind it after a sweep like that. These guys will be champing at the bit to get back in the park, warm weather (FINALLY) and home cooking. Good stuff. The worm has turned.

I actually hate when there's a day off after a Sox loss. It's another entire day that I have to think back to that loss. After a three game sweep of the Red Sox everyone should be feeling good. Now, if I were a player or actually had some affect on the games being played, I'm sure I'd hate the off day that comes in the middle of a hot streak. As a fan, today's a feel good day.

The worst off day was that one after opening day they had for the last like 5 or so years before this season.

Also, I still say that the All-Star break was the start of the undoing of the Sox last season. Riding a ridiculous hot streak, CRUSHING the Royals the last game before the break. I know they did win that first Minnesota game after the All-Star Game, but it was all down hill from there and quickly...

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 2, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
I don't mind it after a sweep like that. These guys will be champing at the bit to get back in the park, warm weather (FINALLY) and home cooking. Good stuff. The worm has turned.

I will say that sweeping maybe the best team in our league is the biggest argument for KW to hold off for a bit. I hope it's not another tease before another lay-down fest.

And nice use of champing..SOOOO many people screw that one up and I love it when journalists do.