6/8 GT - SOX vs Mariners - 7:10pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
Do we really have to put up with Alex Rios for 3 1/2 more years?

I'd much rather have Lillibridge in CF and Dunn in the line-up. 75-80% more confident that Dunn will eventually figure it out than Rios.

Interesting in all the JR quotes that he's said very little about Rios or Peavy.

one fo the players that this site members coveted but KW never pulled the trigger on a deal was Chone Figgins. Just noticed he's hitting .185 before his last at bat. I guess that other coveted players also have bad seasons.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
one fo the players that this site members coveted but KW never pulled the trigger on a deal was Chone Figgins. Just noticed he's hitting .185 before his last at bat. I guess that other coveted players also have bad seasons.

I guess we're lucky in one sense. From everything you read, Chone Figgins on a bad team or when he's not playing well is a borderline disaster.

Figgins was never a good sign at that age AND for that many seasons. Speed players in their 30's almost never work out with long-term deals.

Rios might be apathetic (appearing, seemingly), but Dunn, Peavy and Teahen are all pretty well-liked in the clubhouse...at least there's that.

I might be tempted because of extra year of commitment we'd be ridding ourselves of, but I still wouldn't take Figgins for Rios straight up, Silva for Bradley.

Is the White Sox crowd as disinterested in this pitcher's battle than the board is? Pretty interesting lack of activity considering we're the closest we've been to first place since the second week of the season.

With Ichiro seemingly aging before our eyes and Smoak struggling recently, there's not much to get excited about for fans of either team. Just watching Quentin and Konerko hit.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
Dice-K Matsuzaka, considering he might never pitch again. Hope there's a lot of insurance on that deal.

Daisuke isn't making a lot per year, only like 10m

I think you're inferring that the money Boston had to pay his Japanese team to discuss a deal for him, was money going to him, which it wasn't ($103m)

But yeah, Daisuke is only making like 10m per year and I think next year is his last year before he's a free agent, Figgins and Dunn are much worse deals

here we go

gavin doesn't throw his curveball enough, i'll say that right now, he hasn't thrown it much all year from the starts i've seen him pitch

i could be completely wrong but it just seems he throws the curve less and less year after year