2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:15 AM)
Any bets on if Shaw gets suspended? I say no, just a hefty fine that he will "pay" with help from the team.

The fact that he had his hearing yesterday, but the decision was postponed until today makes me think the NHL is waiting to see if Mike Smith plays. He didn't practice yesterday, but that may have been more precautionary.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:22 AM)
The fact that he had his hearing yesterday, but the decision was postponed until today makes me think the NHL is waiting to see if Mike Smith plays. He didn't practice yesterday, but that may have been more precautionary.

I saw that Phoenix was tying to claim Smith was hurt badly and the league called their bluff and decided to wait to see if he's going to play.

ANd I HOPE Saad gets his chance. That kid could be electric for us.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 10:24 AM)
Suspensions hanging on whether a player gets injured or not is idiotic.

Yup.

It's amazing that the NHL manages to badly botch these suspensions time and time again. Everyone was hoping that it was a Colin Campbell problem, turns out it is a stupidity that infects the league's entire management.

Edited by hawksfan61

Still nothing on Shaw, wonder if the Coyotes have something up their sleeve.

Jesse Rogers ‏ @ESPNChiHawks

Smith not available to media. Yotes say they notified the league, calling it "extreme" circumstances but would not confirm injury

NHL regulations say all players have to be avail everyday except in "extreme circumstances" which is fine but he prac so how extreme?

Tippett said Smith is gametime decision. But reiterated he was fine to finish game

This is getting nuts...after like 10 questions about Smith...PR says "no more questions about smith today." conference ends.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)

Smith not available to media. Yotes say they notified the league, calling it "extreme" circumstances but would not confirm injury

NHL regulations say all players have to be avail everyday except in "extreme circumstances" which is fine but he prac so how extreme?

Tippett said Smith is gametime decision. But reiterated he was fine to finish game

This is getting nuts...after like 10 questions about Smith...PR says "no more questions about smith today." conference ends.

They are trying to get Shaw suspended and then play Smith or Smith is out and they dont want the Shaw suspension to clue us in. Pretty stupid games really.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)

Mike Smith had better be vomiting in a dark room at this point, because if he suits up after these shenanigans that's a big problem.

Seriously, some penalties need to be levied against the Coyotes for this crap. First, Smith acts like he's shot with a bazooka when he's barely tapped in the helmet with a shoulder, then he wastes our time writhing around as if he's actually injured.

Then, he plays 2+ more periods of hockey, but now days later he can't make media? Bullsh*t. The NHL needs to cut the horses*** with the injuries = suspensions, or this type of crap is going to get even worse. We all know Smith will be out there pregame; they are trying to game the system.

I hope the Hawks annihilate them tonight.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
They are trying to get Shaw suspended and then play Smith or Smith is out and they dont want the Shaw suspension to clue us in. Pretty stupid games really.

Is it really worth all this effort and the risk of pissing off the NHL over a 3rd line rookie like Shaw? It's not like it's Toews or Keith that may not play.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
Yeah, but there is no doubt Shaw is better than most rookies. Kid is pretty talented offensively.

Yeah, he's the man, I'm not trying to shortchange what he brings to the team. But if Phoenix is really f***ing around, the NHL will be none too happy, and is it really worth it for one game less of Shaw?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
Yeah, he's the man, I'm not trying to shortchange what he brings to the team. But if Phoenix is really f***ing around, the NHL will be none too happy, and is it really worth it for one game less of Shaw?

I think they were trying to hide that Smith was going to play or not play.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
Committed Indians just reported 3 games for Shaw.

I'd bet money that Smith plays tonight.

LOL, next time he should just grab his mask and shove it directly inte the wall, only a fine for that.