Marlins interested in Ozzie Guillen (again)

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
Are you bipolar? At least try and be consistent. You've been shouting for weeks that Ozzie/KW need to be fired. Now Ozzie is as good as any possible manager we could replace him with? Then we're more f***ed than I could possibly have imagined.

I explained my position before.

I thought Ozzie should be fired for that awful start, which I didn't think we'd ever dig out of. I was somewhat wrong (at least it looks that way, this team is unpredictable usually in a bad way; we could lose 5 of 6 to the cubs and it wouldnt shock me). I wouldn't balk if he got fired today even though we are starting to sniff .500 which would look really bad nationally. It wouldn't make much sense to the masses since we've crept close to being an average .500 team.

At the same time I have said I think he's a great manager and will manage until the day he decides to quit. I truly believe he'd be as qualified and/or as good as whomever we hire to replace him. My guess is we'll go the boring guy route next time. I'd be up for Sandberg.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
Lol, yea right. We may possibly be able to get Loria to agree to that if we offer to pay their payroll for the next decade.

I have to say it, as I can't help myself. Phil Rogers is retarded. Yes, retarded. That is not me insulting every mentally challenged person in the world. But Phil Rogers, yes, retardation is the only suitable term I can come up with.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
You guys act like this is a desirable job. With no prospects coming up and an aging team with no bullpen, we got problems for any manager.

Cito might be smart. A guy with no other options. A have a sneaky feeling we'll just name Cora.

I hope Ozzie stays. He is a fun guy, makes some waves, knows the game, and all that. If someone were to go I think it would be KW, but I am not calling for that either. The only way Ozzie goes is if Ozzie wants to leave for Florida. And then the new mamanger might be Bobby Valentine

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
I explained my position before.

I thought Ozzie should be fired for that awful start, which I didn't think we'd ever dig out of. I was somewhat wrong (at least it looks that way, this team is unpredictable usually in a bad way; we could lose 5 of 6 to the cubs and it wouldnt shock me). I wouldn't balk if he got fired today even though we are starting to sniff .500 which would look really bad nationally. It wouldn't make much sense to the masses since we've crept close to being an average .500 team.

At the same time I have said I think he's a great manager and will manage until the day he decides to quit. I truly believe he'd be as qualified and/or as good as whomever we hire to replace him. My guess is we'll go the boring guy route next time. I'd be up for Sandberg.

No, greg. You say after just about every loss that Ozzie should be fired. I want Ozzie gone independent of if we win the division or not. I just think his act is old and his managerial skills don't justify all the other crap that you have to deal with, with him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
I have to say it, as I can't help myself. Phil Rogers is retarded. Yes, retarded. That is not me insulting every mentally challenged person in the world. But Phil Rogers, yes, retardation is the only suitable term I can come up with.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
No, greg. You say after just about every loss that Ozzie should be fired. I want Ozzie gone independent of if we win the division or not. I just think his act is old and his managerial skills don't justify all the other crap that you have to deal with, with him.

1.) Some words you should just not go there and 'retarded' is one of them. Rogers isn't retarded. Why do you have to even go there? Sometimes it's best to re-read your post before saving and not go there.

2.) I call for his firing cause this is the first year he's deserved to be canned by traditional baseball standards. High payroll, all-in, minimal results. That doesn't mean I don't like him. I think fathom may understand my position on Ozzie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)
1.) Some words you should just not go there and 'retarded' is one of them. Rogers isn't retarded. Why do you have to even go there? Sometimes it's best to re-read your post before saving and not go there.

2.) I call for his firing cause this is the first year he's deserved to be canned by traditional baseball standards. High payroll, all-in, minimal results. That doesn't mean I don't like him. I think fathom may understand my position on Ozzie.

From a baseball sense, I think it applies. That's some of the dumbest s*** I've ever heard in my life. Peavy to the f***ing Marlins? C'mon, now. This guy gets paid to print this s***.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
From a baseball sense, I think it applies. That's some of the dumbest s*** I've ever heard in my life. Peavy to the f***ing Marlins? C'mon, now. This guy gets paid to print this s***.

Some other parts of the story were fine, though. Call it dumb s***, but why go through the 'R' word routine?

Not calling you out too much, I just think you, me and a lot of people would be better served to read their posts carefully before hitting the save button sometimes. I've edited myself a lot since my ban last year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
Some other parts of the story were fine, though. Call it dumb s***, but why go through the 'R' word routine?

Not calling you out too much, I just think you, me and a lot of people would be better served to read their posts carefully before hitting the save button sometimes. I've edited myself a lot since my ban last year.

Couldn't me saying "dumb" s*** be me insinuating anybody who didn't graduate HS is dumb? Just playing Devil's advocate. I clearly stated that using the "R" word was not me insulting anybody mentally challenged. They have an excuse. What the hell is Phil Roger's excuse? If the Marlins could take on salary such as Peavy's they'd have about 5 World Series titles right about now. Because they sure as f*** can scout, draft and develop.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
I clearly stated that using the "R" word was not me insulting anybody mentally challenged.

I clearly stated that using the "N" word was not me insulting anybody who is African American.

Somehow, I don't think that defense would fly

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
I clearly stated that using the "N" word was not me insulting anybody who is African American.

Somehow, I don't think that defense would fly

That's not the same and you know it. But I digress. This isn't filibuster. I'm not making a big deal out of this.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)
Couldn't me saying "dumb" s*** be me insinuating anybody who didn't graduate HS is dumb? Just playing Devil's advocate. I clearly stated that using the "R" word was not me insulting anybody mentally challenged. They have an excuse. What the hell is Phil Roger's excuse? If the Marlins could take on salary such as Peavy's they'd have about 5 World Series titles right about now. Because they sure as f*** can scout, draft and develop.

I like you but you are too defensive. I normally shut up when get called out or try to explain myself. In this case, I'd have gone up and killed my original post. Just not worth going there. I thought Rogers story was pretty good overall. You make a good point about Peavy, tho.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
That's not the same and you know it. But I digress. This isn't filibuster. I'm not making a big deal out of this.

Yes, actually it's 100% the same. It's a word you shouldn't be using as an insult.

I'm going to have to agree with J4L, when I read that article, the term "retarded" was the first thing that popped into my head. He seriously just proposed a mega-deal involving us trading Ozzie and Peavy in exchange for one of the best players in the game. I mean, really? I hate all this politically correct pussification bulls*** that's been going on in our country over the past decade. That idea of his was retarded. Plain and simple.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)

If you are using a term that describes an entire group of people as an insult, then yes, you are insulting an entire group of people. It is no different than using gay, f**, n*****, or anything else that falls into that category. Yes many people might use those terms as an insult. That doesn't lessen the effect of being considered some lesser person if you are in that group, because someone has decided that your term of description infers that you are somehow less than everyone else.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
I'm going to have to agree with J4L, when I read that article, the term "retarded" was the first thing that popped into my head. He seriously just proposed a mega-deal involving us trading Ozzie and Peavy in exchange for one of the best players in the game. I mean, really? I hate all this politically correct pussification bulls*** that's been going on in our country over the past decade. That idea of his was retarded. Plain and simple.

I hate political correctness too, but that word never pops in my head.

And even tho you call it pussification bulls***, you can't go around society saying that word or you won't have a job. Some things we just abide by nowadays.

And think of the writer's perspective. He's a columnist who has a great topic out there in the Marlins wanting Ozzie again. He used the Peavy line. One of many lines in the column. It got a rise out of you, so it worked. People are talkin' about his column.

Asinine is a better word than the r word in the context of the Peavy line.