Predict this season's longest winning streak

Greg Hibbard

season-long winning streak  

24 members have voted

1. 1. how many games?

• 13+

The longest winning steak the White Sox have had this season is a single 4 game streak. They have also won 3 in a row twice. This is anamolous, particularly for a Guillen-led Sox team.

Under Guillen, the longest winning streaks have been:

2010 - 11 (also a 9, 7, and 5 gamer)

2009 - 7 (2 four gamers)

2008 - 8 (with two 7s)

2007 - 4 (5 times)

2006 - 8 (twice)

2005 - 8 (three times)

2004 - 5 (4 three other times)

Generally speaking, it would seem like we are due for at least one longer streak this season, if not several more 4 game ones or a 5 gamer.

What do you think the longest winning streak of the 2011 season will be?

I'm going to guess 7 games.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

Seven. The streak should have gone eight, but in a game umpired by Joe West, Ozzie and Buehrle are ejected before the first pitch is thrown. West states that, "It was a pre-emptive strike. I didn't feel like raising my arms to signal a balk." Ozzie becomes so infuriated that he runs screaming from the clubhouse wearing nothing but a cowboy hat and assless chaps. MLB intervenes and forces the Sox to forfeit.

I get what he's trying to do.

For one, I'd just like to see us actually get back to .500 (breaking through the 2 games under mark that we've been able to get past).

Whatever it takes to get there. Win today, take 2/3 from the Cubs and we're only 1 game under. I just don't feel close to confident enough to predict a sweep of the Cubs at Wrigley. Imagine that Quentin gets thrown out by 15 feet, we exhaust our bullpen yet again into extra innings and we're sitting at 5 games under?

The view from that position would feel a lot different, wouldn't it? So we can feel fortunate all we want to about the position we're in currently, but there's a ton left to prove for most Sox fans to begin to believe in them again.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/

One thing is absolutely certain, we need to take care of business against the Royals and Twins next week b4 we start to worry about the Tigers and possibly the Indians.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
Seven. The streak should have gone eight, but in a game umpired by Joe West, Ozzie and Buehrle are ejected before the first pitch is thrown. West states that, "It was a pre-emptive strike. I didn't feel like raising my arms to signal a balk." Ozzie becomes so infuriated that he runs screaming from the clubhouse wearing nothing but a cowboy hat and assless chaps. MLB intervenes and forces the Sox to forfeit.

Excellent. :notworthy

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
A legitimate streak will be impossible with so many players performing at a sub-standard level. We're f***ed if/when PK ever cools off. We've already seen CQ and Ramirez cool down considerably the last couple weeks.

so your answer is "4"?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
A 5 game winning streak right now would have us knocking on the door of first place. I've got to think it happens at some point. I'll go 5.

I still have to think that this offense finds a hot streak at some point during the season. Extended winning streaks are made possible by good, deep starting rotations, which I believe the White Sox have. I'm going to go with a season long winning streak of nine games.