Movies you've never seen

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
I'm going to be tough to top...

Star Wars anything

The Godfather anything

Pulp Fiction

Schindler's List

Fight Club

Lord of Rings/Harry Potter crap

Rocky anything

Caddyshack

Close the thread as we have a winner.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont even watch a lot of movies, but I think of the ones mentioned Ive only not seen the Twilight series. (Edit and Kung Fu Panda I guess but not sure how that was worth mentioning)

People are missing out on some quality movies.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
I thought I'd catch some flack for never seeing Bull Durham.

I saw it. There was some good stuff, but it isn't the legendary movie it has been turned into. It is a romantic comedy with sports. Eight Men Out is WAY better.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
I saw it. There was some good stuff, but it isn't the legendary movie it has been turned into. It is a romantic comedy with sports. Eight Men Out is WAY better.

Another one I haven't seen. :ph34r:

Exactly what I said when I saw it a few months ago. Highly overrated.

If you subtract Susan Sarandon and add more baseball stuff, it would've been really good.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
I thought I'd catch some flack for never seeing Bull Durham.

First, this is a great thread.

I watched Bull Durham because for years I heard how awesome it was. I thought it was meh...it wasn't bad, but it's not the type of movie that if I see it on while skimming channels that I'd stop to watch it...

Same for Scarface and Godfather. After years of hearing how awesome these movies were, I watched them and thought they were meh. I liked Godfather, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Goodfellas. As for Scarface, I thought it f***ing dumb. While there are some classic lines in this movie...it just wasn't good to me. :/

I think a lot of movies like Scarface and the Godfather movies garner their reputations from the time when they came out. Movies are different now, and the movie goers are different too. We expect more, we also expect better.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
I think a lot of movies like Scarface and the Godfather movies garner their reputations from the time when they came out. Movies are different now, and the movie goers are different too. We expect more, we also expect better.

*resists making Transformers comment*

:P

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)

I think the original Star Wars movies fall into that category for sure. Those movies revolutionized action movies. They were like the Beatles for my generation.