White Sox vs. Twins, 3:10 CT, Fox

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
The Sox have scored 10+ runs in a game only once this year. It was Opening Day.

I heard this on the Boers/Bernstein show a few days ago. It's been one game through 83 with 10 runs scored, and until last night's game, they had gone, I think, 12 straight games with under 5 runs scored in games at home. I could be off by a game on that streak, but that hadn't happened in a couple decades, I believe - hopefully somebody else heard that and can correct me, if needed.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
Don't worry guys, Brent Morel has this...and by has this, I mean he will roll up a breaking pitch the left side for an out.

He will never hit in the majors with the mechanics he has. He can't pull a ball with any authority, and he doesn't have enough power to try and drive the ball out to right.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
I've been a supporter of Morel to this point, though it seems he's overmatched.

I really liked Morel coming into this year and even through the first two months. But at some point, you have to make adjustments and he seemingly is incapable of doing that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
He will never hit in the majors with the mechanics he has. He can't pull a ball with any authority, and he doesn't have enough power to try and drive the ball out to right.

It sure looks that way. It seems odd that he was able to hit so many XBH last year at Charlotte given his obvious lack of pop this year. You expect a dropoff from AAA, but it's been more of a free-fall.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
What part of Morel's game can you honestly support? He plays solid D and that's about it.

The support is waning, believe me.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
What part of Morel's game can you honestly support? He plays solid D and that's about it.

And his defensive miscue led directly to the Twins' 2 runs today.

I'll give him credit, he saved the game yesterday, temporarily. But you just can't have a corner INFer with a 550-575 OPS. You just can't.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
WTF is Ozzie even doing? He always goes out to pointlessly ask the ump what just happened when he knows exactly what happened.

Why not just get tossed? f*** it.

Oh wait, no, don't do that. The team will need your leadership and baseball knowledge into these late innings.

lolz

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
I really liked Morel coming into this year and even through the first two months. But at some point, you have to make adjustments and he seemingly is incapable of doing that.

Both Morel and Beckham would probably benefit from a different hitting coach. I don't see either one making the adjustments to be successful with Walker here.