Sox versus Tigers Game Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Seriously, what better pitcher is available this year?

That's not my point. The quote was that they are seeking high end arms. Derek Lowe at this stage doesn't equal "high end arm" IMO. And yes, he's probably the best they could do.

OG in Trib feels no pressure on job status.

"Pressure about what, getting fired?" Guillen replied. "I don’t give a (bleep) if I get fired. I’m the only manager in baseball who (bleeping) don’t care about getting fired. I don’t at all. If I get fired, it’s (because) I don't do the job, I don’t know where or why or what I do, but no. I should get fired. Look at the team they give me, and we not playing well. I will take that. I think people think I no do a good job with this ballclub, I don't mind."

Sox wonder why fan apathy and crowds are so bad.

Edited by Soxfest

Verlander hasn't been touched up his last 7 starts in a row against us.

We used to, maybe not quite own him, but we really lit him up in the first 3-4 years of his career.

Only 6 ER in last 72+ innings. 9 consecutive starts with 2 runs or less given up. One of the best streaks (other than Hershiser or Pedro) from a pitcher since the 1960's.

Edited by caulfield12

I don't think a no-hitter against us gets us any closer to changes.

It's going to take our usual 3-5 mental errors per game over the final 2 1/2 weeks of July.

In all fairness, the shadows are really playing tricks with hitters and will continue to do so for the first 2-3 innings.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
So Ozzie doesnt care if he is fired? Great fire his butt

I think he actually wants to get fired. As long as he doesn't quit, he's covered. It's just sad that KW won't call him on it. Makes the whole organization look foolish, chaotic, and to quote the thread title, in disarray.

Too bad I can't hear Hawk sighing after that leadoff walk. Uh-oh.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
I think he actually wants to get fired. As long as he doesn't quit, he's covered. It's just sad that KW won't call him on it. Makes the whole organization look foolish, chaotic, and to quote the thread title, in disarray.

Its embarrassing to see what seems like every other week your manager is saying he doesnt care if he is fired or not.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
Its embarrassing to see what seems like every other week your manager is saying he doesnt care if he is fired or not.

well theyre the ones that ask him, what is he supposed to say, that he is worried? im sure he probably is but i dont think ur going to find many managers that are going to say theyre worried

It's not WHAT he says, it's the cavalier way in which he says it.

Great job by Floyd. Although I think once the 3rd inning starts, the hitters will be back to normal with the shadows receding.

Normally, he's either lights out...no hitter type stuff or he gets ripped to shreds by the Tigers. No very much in-between.

Tigers have won 11 of their last 12 against us. Didn't realize it was that bad.

Their announcers credit us giving up Thome to the Twins for the turnaround. That's one move that hasn't gotten much play around here in terms of KW criticism.

Two strikes on Dunn before he's even in the batter's box.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
It's not WHAT he says, it's the cavalier way in which he says it.

Great job by Floyd. Although I think once the 3rd inning starts, the hitters will be back to normal with the shadows receding.

Normally, he's either lights out...no hitter type stuff or he gets ripped to shreds by the Tigers. No very much in-between.

Tigers have won 11 of their last 12 against us. Didn't realize it was that bad.

Their announcers credit us giving up Thome to the Twins for the turnaround.

Two strikes on Dunn before he's even in the batter's box.

im sure thats exactly what it is ;) he wasnt pujols, jeez