8/5 GT: White Sox vs. Twins 7:10 PM CT: CSN, WSCR 670

Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
We've all been waiting for the start of a playoff run....and it looks like tonight is that start. Let's sweep the Twinkies this weekend and than go after Cleveland! We'll get our revenge against the Yankees come October!

Please tell me this is tongue in cheek.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
Please tell me this is tongue in cheek.

CLE was about 15 games out of 1st at this point in 05. Who says the Sox can't go on a run? They've had the bases juiced at least 3x tonight. Who's to say the law of averages won't start turning in our favor and we finally start driving in those runs? I'm not saying it's gonna happen but it could.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
Let's all change our attitudes about this team starting today! We are ready to make a playoff push and the team needs our support to make it happen! Lets win it all come October!

I like your attitude, but I can't hop aboard with glee yet.

Too many stranded runners again tonight.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
I'd rather him look like a real starter. Ozzie stated he doesn't want him starting though.

Really when was this? Something he said in spring training or recently. I'd hate Sale to not be starting or else we will just be wasting his talent in the bullpen. Even tho he contributes to the bullpen, we can maximize his value as starter. Which is what I felt the management believed in.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
Let's all change our attitudes about this team starting today! We are ready to make a playoff push and the team needs our support to make it happen! Lets win it all come October!

No offense but you're way too peppy for the way things have gone lately, I wish I had your confidence and I wish I could get into this team but they are more likely to drop out of the race in the next few weeks than make a push at it.

Still, a nice win tonight, always nice to beat those assholes.