8/6 gamethread

JoshPR

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
Stop it with this W-L bulls***. Most of wins and losses is out of the starting pitcher's control. It's completely useless to use in evaluating a pitcher.

LOL yea I know that's a pretty bad indication for Danks as we know he deserves to win a handful of games but any team thats gonna be in on Danks are gonna use that stat to their advantage when negotiating a deal.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
LOL yea I know that's a pretty bad indication for Danks as we know he deserves to win a handful of games but any team thats gonna be in on Danks are gonna use that stat to their advantage when negotiating a deal.

No they won't. You know why? Because they actually have to acquire him as a FA and they won't know what other teams will offer him. The team that uses W-L as a reason to offer him less money will lose him to the Yankees.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
No they won't. You know why? Because they actually have to acquire him as a FA and they won't know what other teams will offer him. The team that uses W-L as a reason to offer him less money will lose him to the Yankees.

True, Yankees will overpay, any idea how Danks feels of Chicago, would he take a discount to stay with the Sox. I am quite sure he's comfortable and good friends with alot of the guys. But on the flip side he can be actually frustrated due to the lack of offense especially in his starts.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
True, Yankees will overpay, any idea how Danks feels of Chicago, would he take a discount to stay with the Sox. I am quite sure he's comfortable and good friends with alot of the guys. But on the flip side he can be actually frustrated due to the lack of offense especially in his starts.

If he'd been willing to take a discount to stay in Chicago it would have already happened.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
lol

I was about to post that sometimes id rather have Lilli start than Dunn at 1b.

Absolutely, he has more power ;-)

Seriously, Dunn needs a 60-day DL stint