8/6 gamethread

JoshPR

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
And he's one of the better prospects the Sox have developed the past 10 years. So if you really want to see the White Sox rebuild and think the offense can't be worse, think 6 or 7 Brent Morels around bad contracts like Dunn and Rios.

That is why the whole regime top to bottom has to go.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
Stone said earlier that throwing lefties at the Twins takes away Mauer's power. I don't think he has much power anyway.

He clearly has the build for it, but I wonder if the legs aren't under him enough. He earned that MVP season with the power.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
Well not bad so far. I am sure a cutter is in his future.

I know that's the org's M.O., but I'm not sure that'll happen with him. The 2 seamer is his big weapon, a cutter sort of takes away from that with some people

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
I like that he works fast and hits the lower part of the zone. Definitely looks like he has the makings of being a middle of the rotation starter, which is nice.

Which is why he would be the perfect replacement for Gavin Floyd. I hope our rotation going forward looks like Buerhle, Peavy, Danks, Stewart, Sale, Humber. Maybe they go with the 6 man next year as well. Buerhle and Danks are question marks ofcourse. But assuming they stay atleast somebody has to go, which is why I think they are gonna keep burying Sale in the bullpen, which is waste.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
Which is why he would be the perfect replacement for Gavin Floyd. I hope our rotation going forward looks like Buerhle, Peavy, Danks, Stewart, Sale, Humber. Maybe they go with the 6 man next year as well. Buerhle and Danks are question marks ofcourse. But assuming they stay atleast somebody has to go, which is why I think they are gonna keep burying Sale in the bullpen, which is waste.

I pretty much think everything said in this post is a bad idea.