What is your favorite Simpsons episode?

Milkman delivers

I got this idea from the thread started by SS2k5. I figured we could use it to remind each other of great episodes we may have forgotten and, most importantly, remember some of the greatest quotes in the series' history.

There is a tie for my favorite episode. They are:

-You Only Move Twice (Hank Scorpio is the best one-time character in this, or any, show's history)

-Homer at the Bat (an easy one I assume most people would have in their top 5 or 10)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are between Marge vs. the Monorail, Last Exit to Springfield, and A Fish Called Selma. There are very few things funnier than Troy McClure starring in"Planet of the Apes: The Musical". I hate every Ape I see, from Chimpan-A to Chimpan-Zee.

Edited by kjshoe04

You Only Move Twice is my favorite. I agree that Hank Scorpio is the best "extra" the show has ever had.

"Don't call me Mr. Scorpion, it's Mr. Scorpio. But don't call me that, either. Call me Hank."

"Let 'em go. Stay here with me, we'll go bowling!"

-Hank Scorpio episode (love when he gives Homer the Denver Broncos at the end)

-Stonecutters episode where Homer is the chosen one (who made Steve Guttenberg a star!)

-Homer's Gay Phobia episode (Only two types of guys wear large Hawaiian shirts)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
-Hank Scorpio episode (love when he gives Homer the Denver Broncos at the end)

-Stonecutters episode where Homer is the chosen one (who made Steve Guttenberg a star!)

-Homer's Gay Phobia episode (Only two types of guys wear large Hawaiian shirts)

Thank You. Throwing it on right now. ZZZZZZZZAP!

Hank Scorpio, the Monorail ("Mono-DOH!"), Stonecutters, Troy McClure in Plant of the Apes, homophobia all amazing. Great list so far.

I'll add Fallout Boy (My eyes! The goggles do nothing!) as an absolute classic. So many to choose from. I love when Moe starts a family restaurant and fries everything, including the plates and utensils.

Also, I reference the episode when Moe becomes an actor on a soap all the time. Pink pages are dreams, but goldenrod is for coma fantasies. Classic.

How about the one where Homer's face is a logo for a Japanese company? "There's your answer fishbulb."

Happy Smile Super Family Challenge Wish Show!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
$pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling).

"The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother. I call him gamblor! And it's time to snatch your mother from his neon claws!"

"Your mother has a job now, She's a Slot Jockey."

I would also be interested to know who everyone's favorite side character is. I can't decide between Troy McClure(you might remeber him from such celebrity funerals as "Andre The Giant, We Hardly Knew Ye" and "Shemp Howard, Today We Mourn A Stooge") and Lionel Hutz(aka Miguel Sanchez).

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
I would also be interested to know who everyone's favorite side character is. I can't decide between Troy McClure(you might remeber him from such celebrity funerals as "Andre The Giant, We Hardly Knew Ye" and "Shemp Howard, Today We Mourn A Stooge") and Lionel Hutz(aka Miguel Sanchez).

Handsome Pete.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)

Hans Moleman

My top 10 in no particular order (several mentioned already)

-Homer the Great (Stonecutters)

-Homer vs the 18th Ammendment (Beer Baron)

-Homer at the Bat (softball)

-The Cartridge Family (NRA)

-Simpson Tide (Homer in the naval reserve)

-King Size Homer (the one where Homer gains weight to get on disability)

-Homer and Apu (Homer gets Apu fired)

-Treehouse of Horror V (The Shining parody and the dimension-shifting toaster are awesome, could do without the cafeteria one)

-A Star is Burns (film festival)

-Trash of the Titans (the garbage man can!)

Honorable Mention- Hungy, Hungry Homer (Albuquerque Isotopes, made more awesome by the fact that it's an actual team because of this episode)

My favorite episode: I Am Furious (Yellow) - Where Bart creates the Angry Dad cartoon about Homer. I've seen a bunch of my other favorites already posted.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)

Hans Moleman. Hands down.

I'll add a couple more that I really enjoy:

And Maggie Makes Three

Kamp Krusty

A Star is Burns (Film Festival, Jay Sherman)

Sharrie Bobbins

Lisa The Simpson (Lisa thinks she has the Simpsons gene to make her dumb)

Hurricane Neddy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
Are any of these favorites being listed from the last 10 years of Simpson's episodes?

I recognize most, which is telling and from before I gave up on them because they used to be great.

There's pretty much nothing after season 14 (they're on season 23 apparently), and things start unraveling a bit before that.