White Sox @ Angels, 8/24 - 9:05, WCIU/ESPN2

Steve9347

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This would have been one of those nights you'd have had to bet against the Sox if you were a gambler.

With the Angels smelling a race again with the Rangers and Weaver going...no way they were going to lose this one.

Glad it was blacked out in Iowa and I had no way to actually see the dismal results.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
This would have been one of those nights you'd have had to bet against the Sox if you were a gambler.

With the Angels smelling a race again with the Rangers and Weaver going...no way they were going to lose this one.

Glad it was blacked out in Iowa and I had no way to actually see the dismal results.

Iowa? Caulfield, where the hell are you right now? I swear you've been in Singapore and like China, Vietnam, or Indonesia in the last few months.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Despite losing, yesterday's game still disproves this.

I'm liking Flowers behind the plate more and more.

PK is 1-6 this series .167............1 hit and 1 RBI..............I like Flowers more than Castro anyday.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Give me Viciedo over Thome any day. And wow, Beckham with literally the same exact pop up in both at bats.

Viciedo would be nice to. But Ill take any sort of change at this point. Adam Dunn is just bad. I have to turn away when he walks up to bat.

You just have to laugh that we're benching our hottest hitter (Lillibridge) for the worst single-season hitter in baseball history. I guess it would be fitting to end up giving playing time down the stretch to a 42 year old player instead of our 22 year old stud prospect.

Yep, going back to Shanghai and my teaching job this Friday....have to stay near O'Hare tmrw night.

Goodbye to US and gaining 12 pounds in 4 weeks, haha. I came weighing 180 and now have to get back into shape playing badminton and ping pong, lol.

At least I did get to see the Royals/Red Sox last Thursday and paid $14.00 with free parking because we were so late!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
Yep, going back to Shanghai and my teaching job this Friday....have to stay near O'Hare tmrw night.

Goodbye to US and gaining 12 pounds in 4 weeks, haha. I came weighing 180 and now have to get back into shape playing badminton and ping pong, lol.

At least I did get to see the Royals/Red Sox last Thursday and paid $14.00 with free parking because we were so late!

Have a safe trip C-12.

I tune in and see we're down 4-0.

Are Zach and Humber both just average guys for the future?

No disrespect to them, but aren't they both going to be part of a very average staff next year? Neither of those guys are gonna be outstanding are they?

For whatever reason, Humber has been blah second half and Zach seems like just another guy in the mold of the guys KC Royals trot out there.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)

No disrespect to them, but aren't they both going to be part of a very average staff next year? Neither of those guys are gonna be outstanding are they?

Mid rotation guys Humber #3...............Stewart #4/5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 03:39 AM)
Thanks, Soxfest.

I'll have to find some arms for the new GM, lol.

Maybe I can find Jerry Krause's number...but I think he's only responsible for Latin America and not Asian scouting.

How long will u be in China? Do you love it over there? Is it lucrative? I am a Journalism major so if you want to get them to make me an offer I'll listen :)

Good luck to you over there. Seems kinda scary.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
Thanks, Soxfest.

I'll have to find some arms for the new GM, lol.

Maybe I can find Jerry Krause's number...but I think he's only responsible for Latin America and not Asian scouting.

You can find Sox a stud in the Pacific rim! :lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)

What is your point?

If they both can sustain 4.00 ERA's they are more than capable of rounding out a rotation. Stewart still looks decent to me. He has a tendency to hang breaking balls though, and those tend to go a long, long way.

We shall see.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 25, 2011 -> 03:40 AM)
What is your point?

If they both can sustain 4.00 ERA's they are more than capable of rounding out a rotation. Stewart still looks decent to me. He has a tendency to hang breaking balls though, and those tend to go a long, long way.

We shall see.

I guess I wanted to express concern without seeming ungrateful for Humber's first-half work.