Quentin to the DL, Viciedo up

Quin

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
I was thinking more like Ken Griffey Jr. who would have a fluke injury every year. Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah are a couple of Bulls that are hurt freakishly almost every season. I personally would keep Quentin unless someone was willing to give up a lot.

And that makes sense to me too :headbang

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
I have to say that it doesn't seem to pay to support Sox players. Somebody gets banged up or fails to get a hit or the team doesn't win 163 games and some people on this board just blow up. Only one team is going to win it all and if it ain't the Sox then there is always next year. That's what makes baseball great and in my book what a fan should look at. Nobody wants to lose especially the players and I have to believe they try as hard as they can. Give it you all is all that can be asked. If trades are coming then it will be in the off season or spring training. But, I still think it's absurd to look at trading away your best players with some idea in mind you are going to get Babe Ruth. You win or lose as a team.

Sometimes no matter how talented you are, no matter how hard you work and how much you prepare or how much of an outstanding person you are, life hands you a sh*t sandwich. That is what has happened to the White Sox this year. It's an unfortunate part of life. But that is reality.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
Let's hope not because his trade value will be next to nothing. Not that it hasn't taken a major hit since the deadline. To me it's inexcusable that he wasn't moved at the deadline and that Jackson was. When you have Viciedo in the wings as a replacement, it's darn near a firable offense.

If this guy is projected to be the savior, this organization is going to be in free fall for a long time

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
If this guy is projected to be the savior, this organization is going to be in free fall for a long time

There is a legit shot of Dayan Viciedo being an offensive savior.

It's certainly not guaranteed. No prospect is. But betting on him to be a savior is not a bad gamble.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
well just think of it this way greg, if they WERE in it, he would yet again be injured in a crucial down the stretch run. Just like in 08.

do you remember that greg? when he broke his wrist doing whatever he was doing? what about that? and the year after that? and after that? and this season? how about the .250 average?

his power and rbi numbers are good, but you simply cannot rely on carlos quentin. and this is why you explore getting value for him before his arbitration figures get ridiculous

I saw the play on which he got hurt and there's not much he could have done to prevent that.

I haven't even read about his injury anyway? What is it? If we were in the race would he even have been DL'ed?

Just asking.

I think he's a good hitter on a team with hardly any good hitters. Tank, DeAza and Rios is way worse than Tank, DeAza and CQ wouldn't you say??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)
I saw the play on which he got hurt and there's not much he could have done to prevent that.

I haven't even read about his injury anyway? What is it? If we were in the race would he even have been DL'ed?

Just asking.

I think he's a good hitter on a team with hardly any good hitters. Tank, DeAza and Rios is way worse than Tank, DeAza and CQ wouldn't you say??

Yes, there's no situation where Quentin wouldn't have been sent to the DL. This is a sprained shoulder.