Game Thread?

Milkman delivers

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Having Ramirez bunt was about the umpteenth time that ozzie played right into the hands of the opposing manger that right folks is why he should be shown the door.

He was absolutely owned that inning

the manger's job is to put players in a position to succeed. He failed miserably once again in both the top and bottom of that inning.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
if u want to call bringing in ur closer out managed, i guess lol

Closer-in-training

He's still learning and he implodes quite a bit. I rather have Sale than Sergio in there on sheer pitching experience. Until Sergio gets iron hardened, he's still learning in my eyes.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
Having Ramirez bunt was about the umpteenth time that ozzie played right into the hands of the opposing manger that right folks is why he should be shown the door.

the manger's job is to put players in a position to succeed. He failed miserably once again in both the top and bottom of that inning.

Exactly, he took the bat out of our best player's hands.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
Closer-in-training

He's still learning and he implodes quite a bit. I rather have Sale than Sergio in there on sheer pitching experience. Until Sergio gets iron hardended, he's still learning in my eyes.

Why in the heck would anyone want Sale in there? He better not be in their plans next year for the bullpen, and thus, you want to get Santos experience as closer. Heck, let Reed try to close games out.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Closer-in-training

He's still learning and he implodes quite a bit. I rather have Sale than Sergio in there on sheer pitching experience. Until Sergio gets iron hardended, he's still learning in my eyes.

ok so sale was in there so how did he get out managed then..? nevermind, it happend, doesnt matter

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)

The decision isn't that bad but Ozzie forgets the Sox don't have a legit DH providing they don't pitch to PK.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)

no he didnt, you arent even looking at this objectively, you just want to criticize ozzie.

when you give up 2 homers in the 9th and then hit into a dp with the winning run on third, its the players fault plain and simple

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
Im actually surprised that people still care, this team is f***ing dead. I'm just hoping Sale and Sergio stay healthy for next season.

i just think this team blows and its on the players,thats all..and we lost :D

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Closer-in-training

He's still learning and he implodes quite a bit. I rather have Sale than Sergio in there on sheer pitching experience. Until Sergio gets iron hardened, he's still learning in my eyes.

I'm still waiting on Floyd and Danks to get iron hardened.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
no he didnt, you arent even looking at this objectively, you just want to criticize ozzie.

when you give up 2 homers in the 9th and then hit into a dp with the winning run on third, its the players fault plain and simple

I see what you did there.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 14, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
I'm still waiting on Floyd and Danks to get iron hardened.

I can't explain those two... they show flashes of brilliance and being a mental midget in the same game.

Just a shame. The funny thing is, they'll both want to get paid like they are MLB elite. XD

Edited by pettie4sox