It's Official: Greg Walker, He Gone!

LittleHurt05

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
The other constant is Kenny Williams. This organization doesn't do a good job in identifying good offensive players.

Interesting. Cowley is known for bashing Kenny but his latest article does make a good point.

Looking at all the homer runs on Adam Dunn’s baseball card, rather than doing some homework on a guy who never had to play with expectations, is career suicide.

That is just about Dunn but you look at the Teahen acquisition as well.

Rosenbloom had an article about the bigger the game the smaller the Sox. I always question the mental makeup of this team.

If something like this doesn't change with a new staff you have to wonder there is something the scouts and KW seem to miss.

Interesting. Cowley is known for bashing Kenny but his latest article does make a good point.

Looking at all the homer runs on Adam Dunn’s baseball card, rather than doing some homework on a guy who never had to play with expectations, is career suicide.

Rosenbloom had an article about the bigger the game the smaller the Sox. I always question the mental makeup of this team.

If something like this doesn't change with a new staff you have to wonder there is something the scouts and KW seem to miss.

I am willing to bet.. The new staff comes in.. Same type "PlayStation" rosters.. and fans blame the new Coaches again..

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 09:32 PM)
Second baseman Gordon Beckham, whose struggles sparked a spat between Walker and general manager Ken Williams last month, also was sad to see Walker depart.

"We’re good friends, you know, away from baseball," Beckham said. "He lives in Georgia and we spend some time together in the off-season, so it’s sad to see him go.

"But I think it’s his decision and his time in terms of what he thinks and what he wants to do. I respect it 120 percent."

GB it was not his decision, no matter how many players say it in the paper.

Nice editing to try to make a false point. Here's AJP's quote, and I know, what is he going to say, but Walker is gone and AJP is supposedly the world's biggest asshole:

I think sometimes - not sometimes, all the time - he doesn't get the credit he deserves," said Pierzynski. "I've know him for seven years. He's taught me more than I ever knew about hitting. I think because certain guys haven't done what people expected out of them I think he's got a bum rap and he deserves to credited with a lot of really good people and lot of success.

"And it 's a shame. I hope people remember what he did and what he taught people. And moving forward whoever is the next hitting guy here is going to have big shoes to fill because Greg Walker did a lot of really good things here and he deserves a ton of credit. And hopefully now that he decided to step away, he'll get that."

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)

Adam Dunn has had to play with expectations.

Carlos Quentin: Yea, Greg Walker sucked. Good thing he's gone. Guy was awful at what he did. He should pick up another day job. Any day job other than hitting coach, because he's the exact opposite of good there. Worthless bum.

^^Does anyone really expect any player or coach to say that about the departing coach? No, because the next guy is going to be feared that he will be thrown under the bus. Numbers don't lie. AJ was a great hitting catcher(for average) before he got to the White Sox. Under Walker, he turned worse minus power. Fact is, no one is going to poop on Greg.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 07:22 AM)
Nice editing to try to make a false point. Here's AJP's quote, and I know, what is he going to say, but Walker is gone and AJP is supposedly the world's biggest asshole:

I think sometimes - not sometimes, all the time - he doesn't get the credit he deserves," said Pierzynski. "I've know him for seven years. He's taught me more than I ever knew about hitting. I think because certain guys haven't done what people expected out of them I think he's got a bum rap and he deserves to credited with a lot of really good people and lot of success.

"And it 's a shame. I hope people remember what he did and what he taught people. And moving forward whoever is the next hitting guy here is going to have big shoes to fill because Greg Walker did a lot of really good things here and he deserves a ton of credit. And hopefully now that he decided to step away, he'll get that."

My point was on GB not AJP and he had no choice to stay for anyone to say that he made the choice to step down in BS!

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 08:28 AM)
Carlos Quentin: Yea, Greg Walker sucked. Good thing he's gone. Guy was awful at what he did. He should pick up another day job. Any day job other than hitting coach, because he's the exact opposite of good there. Worthless bum.

^^Does anyone really expect any player or coach to say that about the departing coach? No, because the next guy is going to be feared that he will be thrown under the bus. Numbers don't lie. AJ was a great hitting catcher(for average) before he got to the White Sox. Under Walker, he turned worse minus power. Fact is, no one is going to poop on Greg.

Exactly. And I'll buy that Walker wasn't as bad as we portray him, but the guy did not get his job done. It's not entirely his fault, but he shares the blame, and his job dictates that he take the fall for it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
Exactly. And I'll buy that Walker wasn't as bad as we portray him, but the guy did not get his job done. It's not entirely his fault, but he shares the blame, and his job dictates that he take the fall for it.

That is pretty much how I feel.