2012 AL Central Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 03:30 AM)
When Verlander doesn't start, the average Tigers start is 5.1 innings with a 4.86 ERA.

They'll be looking for pitching.

If they want to, they can acquire Hamels/Greinke if they give up Turner and Castellanos.

Tigers on the ropes after being ahead 3-1 and then tying it again at 6-6.

Lots of bullpen issues for the Tigers.

Mauer and Willingham have been playing extremely well. Plouffe and Revere, too. But pitching, yikes.

Mauer just hit his 5th homer. 8-6 Minnesota, Twins still hitting in the top of the 9th.

Benoit pulled...really struggling.

Edited by caulfield12

Royals made two roster moves last night. First they sent Vin Mazzaro back to Omaha, then they also DFA'd Mitch Maier. Pitchers Louis Coleman and Mate Adcock were recalled from Omaha.

The Royals only have 38 players on their 40-man roster. Perfect opening for Wil Myers and Jake Odorizzi to join us after the All-Star Break...

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
Royals made two roster moves last night. First they sent Vin Mazzaro back to Omaha, then they also DFA'd Mitch Maier. Pitchers Louis Coleman and Mate Adcock were recalled from Omaha.

The Royals only have 38 players on their 40-man roster. Perfect opening for Wil Myers and Jake Odorizzi to join us after the All-Star Break...

And who will they bench to play Myers?

They'll just give up on Cain?

Too bad they dealt Cabrera!!!

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)

Why isn't Myers up? They are past the arb cut off.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Choo and Austin Jackson have been monsters in the leadoff spot this year for their teams. It's nice that ADA has done so well in the same spot of the lineup.

MLB tonight last night, for some reason, used De Aza, and compared his stats to Justin Upton and how similar they are. It was odd how they chose Alejandro.

Damn, Tomlin picked a good time to pitch a great game.

Hafner's back, too. Still have that huge weakness with Damon in LF, and Hannahan's not going to give you what Chisenhall was delivering from 3B offensively.

Twins had the Tigers down 3-2 and then Detroit blew them away late. 2-2 split at DET was a great result for us, though.

Boy are the Twins bad. How fast they fell. The other night I assumed they were going to hammer Detroit (after a nice lead), I watched the game only to see that was short lived. That has to be a frustrated city of fans. What are they going to wait for? Football season? No light at the end of that tunnel.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
Boy are the Twins bad. How fast they fell. The other night I assumed they were going to hammer Detroit (after a nice lead), I watched the game only to see that was short lived. That has to be a frustrated city of fans. What are they going to wait for? Football season? No light at the end of that tunnel.

You apparently have no idea how naive Minnesota fans are.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
Games 28-54

Sox 18-9

KC 15-12

Min 14-13

Cle 13-14

Det 11-16

Games 1-54:

Sox 31-23 -

Cle 29-25 2

Det 25-29 6

KC 24-30 7

Min 21-33 10

Games 55-81:

Det 14-13

Min 14-13

Sox 13-14

Cle 13-14

KC 13-14

Games 1-81:

Sox 44-37 -

Cle 42-39 2

Det 39-42 5

KC 37-44 7

Min 35-46 9

Kevin. Love.

Hockey.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
So that Melky Cabrera for Jonathan Sanchez trade hasn't worked out well for the Royals, has it?

I called that from day one. If you can't control your stuff, it doesn't matter how good it is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 01:21 AM)
Did you call Melky Cabrera turning into an MVP candidate?

I've always been a fan, but I think that's cause he's killed the Sox in his career. I am a pretty big advocate of not trusting pitchers from San Fran and San Diego

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
I've always been a fan, but I think that's cause he's killed the Sox in his career. I am a pretty big advocate of not trusting pitchers from San Fran and San Diego

Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain is my response to that?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 12:24 AM)
Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain is my response to that?

Career 3.59 ERA for Cain on the road (3.03 ERA at home). 3.33 ERA for Lincecum on the road, 3.14 ERA at home. Both were very good pitchers heading into this year, but I think both would be closer to 3.75 ERA pitchers in the AL.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
Career 3.59 ERA for Cain on the road (3.03 ERA at home). 3.33 ERA for Lincecum on the road, 3.14 ERA at home. Both were very good pitchers heading into this year, but I think both would be closer to 3.75 ERA pitchers in the AL.

I think Cain's a legit sub 3.50 ERA guy in the AL as well. Lincecum...Cy Young level linecum was a sub-3 ERA pitcher in the AL, but he's been so inconsistent with his work ethic and it leads to those stretches where he gets shelled.