Ozzie Fires Back

LittleHurt05

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I practice the French version, naivete`, instead?

BTW, where has Victory been lurking these days? Haven't seen him posting much. Maybe he's spying on the spies spying on KW's spies. In the end, can we envision a new Marty-directed Redford/Pitt/DeNiro/Bourne/CIA movie rewrite in the future, incorporating these recent White Sox spying allegations as a key subplot.

If all else fails, let's just call everyone rats, spies and squealers. That will make the organization more functional and synergistic, surely.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
Naivety.

Yes.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
Can you amplify on this?

I've said the same thing to you before. You understood me then, and even gave me a reply. It was in a game thread.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
I don't understand.

lol.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 12:40 AM)

Where did you go to broadcasting/journalism school again? I hope not Medill.

Is it too late to ask for a refund?

Kent State.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
Can I be Jud Buechler?

judb-213x300.jpg

He looks so ripped in that photo.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
He presents Guillen's side as Guillen sees it.

And never ask questions... Ever.

Say, if he isn't supposed to ask questions, why is he always complaining that Kenny won't answer his questions? Why isn't he just waiting for Kenny to tell him what to write too?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
And never ask questions... Ever.

Say, if he isn't supposed to ask questions, why is he always complaining that Kenny won't answer his questions? Why isn't he just waiting for Kenny to tell him what to write too?

Cowley is sympathetic to Guillen. Williams has his way of getting stories out too. So what? What they have to say is what is relevant.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
His job is to report what Guillen said.

No, that isn't his job, unless Ozzie has him on the payroll.

His job is to report on the White Sox. As he is no longer the manager of the White Sox, Ozzie's name should only appear occasionally.

And if he IS going to talk about the tumult that went on between Ozzie, Kenny, Jerry, Coop and whomever else, then his job is to paint a picture - not tell one man's side alone.

He is utterly failing at his job, and it is obvious that Ozzie was the only guy who would talk to him, so he knows he is screwed now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
And a quality journalist would consider it his or her job to challenge the viewpoint of the person being interviewed to see if they can defend that viewpoint.

Actually the quality journalist would find an expert who could confirm or refute the story not interject themselves into the story by challenging.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
Actually the quality journalist would find an expert who could confirm or refute the story not interject themselves into the story by challenging.

How does one find an "Expert who can confirm or refute" a he-said, he said story?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
No, that isn't his job, unless Ozzie has him on the payroll.

His job is to report on the White Sox. As he is no longer the manager of the White Sox, Ozzie's name should only appear occasionally.

And if he IS going to talk about the tumult that went on between Ozzie, Kenny, Jerry, Coop and whomever else, then his job is to paint a picture - not tell one man's side alone.

He is utterly failing at his job, and it is obvious that Ozzie was the only guy who would talk to him, so he knows he is screwed now.

^All of this^

Seriously, why is this even being discussed anymore? It's the board vs. Marty, greg, and occasionally elrockinMT, and they cannot be swayed from their opinion which the rest of the board finds moronic. That's all.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
How does one find an "Expert who can confirm or refute" a he-said, he said story?

Kenny? Cooper?

If we are talking about journalists in general, as it appears you did, how does a journalist become enough of an expert to challenge someone on every subject under the sun? Imagine some journalist challenging you about geology. Now imagine the same journalist interviewing another geologist about what you said. Which is better? Which will be more beneficial to the audience?