Sox officially hire coaches

southsider2k5

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
The general doom and gloom about 2012 already just baffles me. Let's wait until the season starts and see what these guys can do. I'm pretty damn confident they'll do a better job than the previous crew.

I understand the general doom and gloom entirely.

The Sox's season next year will be a successful one if Adam Dunn, Jake Peavy, Alex Rios, and Gordon Beckham perform.

After watching 0 of those guys perform last year, and all of them struggle or be injured for more than 1 of the previous 2 seasons, having success from all those guys seems like a long shot.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)

The Sox's season next year will be a successful one if Adam Dunn, Jake Peavy, Alex Rios, and Gordon Beckham perform.

After watching 0 of those guys perform last year, and all of them struggle or be injured for more than 1 of the previous 2 seasons, having success from all those guys seems like a long shot.

For all four to perform at what level? All-Star? Career averages?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)

I agree. But the doom and gloom seems to be amplified by the coaches that were hired. If Adam Dunn has another historically bad year, is it going to be Manto's fault? If Peavy still does not return to what he should be, will that be Cooper's or Ventura's fault? Now, if Alex Rios continues to loaf and doesn't end up with his ass on the bench, that WILL be Ventura's fault.

People are already throwing themselves off of bridges, and it's early November. I personally would be more willing to run out in front of a speeding bus if Ozzie and Walker were still here.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 05:06 AM)
For all four to perform at what level? All-Star? Career averages?

Career average for Dunn and Rios. Peavy...he's a tough one. I don't see him getting back to what he used to be, but I'd like to see 170+ innings and an ERA around 4.00. Beckham just needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Last year was dismal. He looked terrible at the plate. He's got to be a special project for Manto.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 07:42 AM)
For 3 of those guys, "Career average" is nearly all-star level.

Which is why I am thinking it won't take all four to come around, three out of four with a rebound to career averages would win the division (without other implosions). I believe Robin has walked into the ideal situation.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Which is why I am thinking it won't take all four to come around, three out of four with a rebound to career averages would win the division (without other implosions). I believe Robin has walked into the ideal situation.

Personally, I think it's an "Ideal situation" if Robin happens to be a guy capable of getting through those guys' skulls. Or Manto. Or both.

This team can win the Central next year if as many things go right next year as went wrong this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Personally, I think it's an "Ideal situation" if Robin happens to be a guy capable of getting through those guys' skulls. Or Manto. Or both.

This team can win the Central next year if as many things go right next year as went wrong this year.

Maybe Robin will be the good luck charm and end our hex against Central Division foes.