Who the heck is Deunte Heath?

caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 06:12 AM)
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/6848/deunte-heath

He was a starter at Charlotte all last season...did anyone see him pitch there?

He was protected over a lot of guys that were more "famous" in our minor league system with the resident experts.

This was discussed ad nauseum a few weeks back around the Rule V draft. People (including me) were puzzled (at the least) that we protected Heath, but let Terry Doyle sit out there and get picked off.

I saw him in 2010. He's an okay reliever who deserves a long look in ST, but he wasn't worth protecting over Terry Doyle. That one's gonna bite KW on the a$$. The Braves simply cut him loose before the 2010 season due to him soliciting a prostitute and getting caught in a sting.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I saw him in 2010. He's an okay reliever who deserves a long look in ST, but he wasn't worth protecting over Terry Doyle. That one's gonna bite KW on the a$$. The Braves simply cut him loose before the 2010 season due to him soliciting a prostitute and getting caught in a sting.

Do you have any info on his stuff? All I can find is his fastball tops out around 96, but that was in an article from years ago when he was still with the Braves. His K rate seems to get better and better each year, but that walk rate is downright scary...

I did find a video of him pitching this offseason:

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 23, 2011 -> 04:55 AM)
Do you have any info on his stuff? All I can find is his fastball tops out around 96, but that was in an article from years ago when he was still with the Braves. His K rate seems to get better and better each year, but that walk rate is downright scary...

I did find a video of him pitching this offseason:

Scary good or scary bad? I'm guessing bad.