Gordo

JohnCangelosi

QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 24, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
When 92 mph straight fastballs are being put into right field and not being missed by three feet and into the catcher's glove we'll talk...

Beckham is cracking me up with his Clark Griswold tweets today - great sense of humor and seems like a great family too.

Quote: "Really, I don't blame anybody for anything that went wrong," Beckham said. "I blame myself for getting away from who I was, someone who was confident and who knew he was capable of doing great things. I'm back there now, and I'm excited to get back in there and compete."

Just curious, do you think that this could be anything that had to do with when KW was raggin' and Walker............ about Beckham returning to his old self and old swing that he had when he first came up and had success?? And Beckham saying this because he knew what worked for him, changed some things by listening to Walk, and regrets it, so now he blames himself??? Just a thought

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Dec 24, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)
Quote: "Really, I don't blame anybody for anything that went wrong," Beckham said. "I blame myself for getting away from who I was, someone who was confident and who knew he was capable of doing great things. I'm back there now, and I'm excited to get back in there and compete."

Just curious, do you think that this could be anything that had to do with when KW was raggin' and Walker............ about Beckham returning to his old self and old swing that he had when he first came up and had success?? And Beckham saying this because he knew what worked for him, changed some things by listening to Walk, and regrets it, so now he blames himself??? Just a thought

High fastballs are high fastballs are high fastballs.

Edited by Jerksticks

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Dec 24, 2011 -> 10:29 PM)

This is a good insight. I long for those days of seeing the Beckham we saw in 2009. That was an perennial all-star second baseman in the making...

Whatever he does, let's just hope he gets back to trusting his instincts which he brought into the league...although I'm not holding my breath.

These types of stories are feel good for sure. We will see this all winter long and through spring training. But, I think in a way they are positive and insightful at the same time. Beckham is a real great prospect with loads of talent. Play mind games and when you struggle all it does is end in failure. That's what happened last season IMO. If Dunn is losing weight and kicking himself in the butt, etc, etc, and Rios is working hard it is a positive sign. But, yes we have to wait and see with all the non-performers the proof will be in the pudding.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Dec 25, 2011 -> 01:04 AM)
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...ws&c_id=cws

In other news, Dunn has lost 20lbs and is in the best shape of his life, Rios has been hitting off a tee 12 hrs a day, the check is in the mail, etc

LOL.

Great line.

At least most of us realize these stories are all fluff. I know we all want Beckham to excel but get ready for more on Gordon in all the papers and Dunn and Rios. They all are gonna be rejuvenated.