2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
The NBA has the dumbest GMs out there.

Hell, if I had cap room and you offered me Rose right now, I'd take him, unless I was trying to win a title next year. He's a better gamble than anything else i'd get for that money.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
Hell, if I had cap room and you offered me Rose right now, I'd take him, unless I was trying to win a title next year. He's a better gamble than anything else i'd get for that money.

This.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)

You'd give up your superstar (or all-star(s)) for a player that might never be the same again?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
You'd give up your superstar (or all-star(s)) for a player that might never be the same again?

SS2k5 is making it sound like GarPax should just dump Rose for scraps.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:50 PM)
SS2k5 is making it sound like GarPax should just dump Rose for scraps.

That's what I'm saying. If you're going to trade Rose, you better get something spectacular back for him. Otherwise, just roll the dice that he can come back from this.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)

If I were, say, Orlando? Absolutely. If I were the Lakers? The Celtics? Probably. About the only teams I'd say no are the Heat and the Thunder.

Rose for Dwight wouldn't be bad if Howard would stay with us, not be a b****, etc.

But seriously, if you traded Derrick you would ruin Chicago's reputation forever. No star would want to play here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
If I were, say, Orlando? Absolutely. If I were the Lakers? The Celtics? Probably. About the only teams I'd say no are the Heat and the Thunder.

Howard won't sign here. Lakers? Bynum ain't going anywhere and neither is Kobe. Celtics? Rondo? Meh. Maybe. But this is all futile. Rose is not getting traded.

I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the last few hours. One minute I all doom and gloom rose will never be the same. The next I'm dreaming about knocking off Miami without rose.

f***, this is just the worst.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
So what's a realistic scenario for this team during the playoffs? Losing in 6 in round 2?

They could realistically bring Miami to 6 or even 7 games. They'll be able to claw their way past the Celtics.

Edit: Maybe only 5 with Miami. But I fully expect them to get past the hawks/celtics

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
So what's a realistic scenario for this team during the playoffs? Losing in 6 in round 2?

Hard to say. This is one of those "how do you react to it emotionally" issues. Philly's been reeling lately but this could get them into a groove.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)

With the way Boston's playing, I'd say that's realistic. If the Hawks somehow won then they (Bulls) could definitely get to the conference finals.

Edited by Jordan4life

Cutler and Forte both get injured = Bears miss the playoffs. Hossa gets knocked out = Hawks lose in the first round, and now Rose is gone until anywhere from November - February = Bulls?

All the Bulls need to step up now; Deng, Boozer, Noah, and Rip all need to take it to another level. They can't have an off night. Watson and Lucas need to channel some DRose.