2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
Oh please. Sorry, i'm choosing the MVP runner-up to the MVP. What a terrible opinion.

FYI, Popovich agrees with you. He called Durant "The best player on the planet" right now.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
If Lebron stays in Cleveland and wins 1 Championship people are saying hes the best ever.

If he wins 1 in Miami, people are going to say "So what"

No way. Over his career, he would have to had win several to even think about that honor. No NBA player with one title would ever be considered the "best ever". I do agree that going to Miami puts pressure on him to win more though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
FYI, Popovich agrees with you. He called Durant "The best player on the planet" right now.

And "the best player on the planet" touched the ball about twice in the last 6 minutes last night. For a while there, it seemed like Westbrook was purposely sabotaging the game, until he finally made a few plays.

if we get past boston, we won't have a chance against the thunder anyways. My hairline is going all Mike Tirico with the Miami late-in-the-game offense... Lebron brings the ball up, lebron bounce pass to wade, everyone takes 6 steps backward and watch wade try to dribble his way to an open shot, if not, pass to (insert any miami player), repeat. :fight

That shot by Harden was so irresponsible, at the bar it got a collective "WHAT ARE YOU DO... WOW!" It's going to be funny when some bottom feeder signs Harden to a ridiculous offer sheet to be their primary scorer and he turns into Ben Gordon.

James Harden is a quality scorer in the NBA, but his newfound "celebrity", for lack of a better word with his increased role, 6th man award, and exposure, is clearly going to his head. He's taking far more bad shots, and I don't know why it's taking everyone so long to start thinking the guys a big piece of s***.

I mean, if Dwyane Wade did half of what Harden does, with the stare downs, the stupid looks, the hand signals, he would be crucified on this board.