2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)
Horrible defense by Daniels to allow Wade that open look, Boston is lucky to have this series tied.

I think the Heat are lucky to have this series tied. They've played like s*** the last 3 games.

It's not like Boston's playing much better, but it could be 3-1 Celtics right now.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:45 PM)
I think the Heat are lucky to have this series tied. They've played like s*** the last 3 games.

It's not like Boston's playing much better, but it could be 3-1 Celtics right now.

ya that monster game rondo had in miami that went to waste. hopefully game 5 is great.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
ya that monster game rondo had in miami that went to waste. hopefully game 5 is great.

You just know Miami is winning that one unless both LeBron and Wade s*** the bed.

Home teams always win, especially pivotal game 5s. Count on every close call going the Heat's way.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)
You just know Miami is winning that one unless both LeBron and Wade s*** the bed.

Home teams always win, especially pivotal game 5s. Count on every close call going the Heat's way.

You can always count on this.

They toss in some token ones for the Celtics so it doesn't look entirely like an inside job.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 10:52 PM)
You can always count on this.

They toss in some token ones for the Celtics so it doesn't look entirely like an inside job.

Plus, there's no way they would let Boston win this in 6. They need to milk 7 games out of this series.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 09:10 AM)
Why does Lebron insist on trying to set up fade away jumpers at the end of games instead of bullying his way to the basket?

Because he knows that he probably won't get a foul called with seconds remaining in the game.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
Because he knows that he probably won't get a foul called with seconds remaining in the game.

He gets alot of call though. With that size I would just bully my way in there to the basket, much high percentage.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 10:01 AM)
He gets alot of call though. With that size I would just bully my way in there to the basket, much high percentage.

Officials rarely bail guys out at the end of games though. Around the basket at the end of games is a free for all. You basically have to deck someone to get a call. I mean, I agree he should be driving to at least get a better look. But a jump shot is probably the highest percentage shot he's going to get.

And has this postseason finally shown that Lebron isn't the greatest of all time like he thinks he is? If i'm starting a team today I take Durant over Lebron. Yes, Lebron is a better defender and all around player. But Durant is becoming the Jordan/Kobe, unstoppable offensive force that you need to win championships. Lebron can average 40/10/10 but you know 90% of those stats come in quarters 1-3. When was the last time Lebron scored 16 straight points in the 4th quarter of a conference finals game? When was the last time he just took over and could not be stopped no matter what you threw at him?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
And has this postseason finally shown that Lebron isn't the greatest of all time like he thinks he is? If i'm starting a team today I take Durant over Lebron. Yes, Lebron is a better defender and all around player. But Durant is becoming the Jordan/Kobe, unstoppable offensive force that you need to win championships. Lebron can average 40/10/10 but you know 90% of those stats come in quarters 1-3. When was the last time Lebron scored 16 straight points in the 4th quarter of a conference finals game? When was the last time he just took over and could not be stopped no matter what you threw at him?

It's disturbing how happy I would be if LeBron James never wins an NBA championship.

Officials rarely bail guys out at the end of games though. Around the basket at the end of games is a free for all. You basically have to deck someone to get a call. I mean, I agree he should be driving to at least get a better look. But a jump shot is probably the highest percentage shot he's going to get.

I feel the same way about offensive fouls though too which is why I think he could barrel in there and dunk the ball. Either way, Wade should have it in his hands IMO.

It's kind of ridiculous if you think about it that the last few pages people have talked about how there's no way the NBA doesn't bring this to 7 games. There's no way the Heat don't win game 5 because every call will go their way etc. etc. etc.

Why do we all watch a sport that is not 100% decided by the players?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Why do we all watch a sport that is not 100% decided by the players?

NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB are all somewhat dictated by the officials. NCAA bball is one of the extremes as well.

Let's wait until Durant actually wins a Championship, eh?

Oh, and if I'm starting a franchise, I'm taking LeBron and laughing.