2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 30, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)
Wow, Wade hits Rondo in the face - no call. Then he comes down and jump kicks Garnett and somehow it's a foul on KG. Why am I watching this?

Nice to see the refs call every ticky tack foul until the play with Rondo.

The kick looked liked it came just after getting hit on the arm.

If Im Doc Im out to see how much the NBA will fine me for criticizing refs.

Even if some of the calls are legit, I just wouldnt care at this point. There is no way the Celtics win the series if the Heat shoot 40+ fts consistently.

Edited by Soxbadger

It'll get lost in the playoff talks but I dont wanna lose the thought.

Has anything ever been said about the relationship between Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer?

Why I ask is if Deron would be happy playing with Boozer in Brooklyn if they cant get Howard then they might give up Gerald Wallace for Booze.

But then you get Dallas, another team that wants D-Will, on the phone and you tell them you can have him for that #17 pick, Shawn Marion, and Lamar Odom.

Those expiring contracts and the #17 pick really set this team up nicely for the future and with Rose out thats what the should do, build towards 2013.

This of course would happen after a Pau trade.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 31, 2012 -> 12:22 AM)
It'll get lost in the playoff talks but I dont wanna lose the thought.

Has anything ever been said about the relationship between Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer?

Why I ask is if Deron would be happy playing with Boozer in Brooklyn if they cant get Howard then they might give up Gerald Wallace for Booze.

But then you get Dallas, another team that wants D-Will, on the phone and you tell them you can have him for that #17 pick, Shawn Marion, and Lamar Odom.

Those expiring contracts and the #17 pick really set this team up nicely for the future and with Rose out thats what the should do, build towards 2013.

This of course would happen after a Pau trade.

Marion isn't an expiring contract, his contract has $9.3 million on it for 2013/2014. And Odom is a "Team option" this year...which frankly, the Mavericks will not be picking up under any circumstances, so that means he's an unrestricted free agent right now and the Mavericks cannot use him in trades.

What an awful, awful game last night. Boston plays really well (Rondo with an all-time classic) and the refs completely screw them. Obviously it's Boston's fault that they gave up a double digit lead, but playing 5-8 in the last 5 minutes of a game is pretty tough to overcome.

Though I guess Boston getting screwed and Miami getting swept in the Finals is about the best we can hope for right?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 31, 2012 -> 10:18 AM)
What an awful, awful game last night. Boston plays really well (Rondo with an all-time classic) and the refs completely screw them. Obviously it's Boston's fault that they gave up a double digit lead, but playing 5-8 in the last 5 minutes of a game is pretty tough to overcome.

Though I guess Boston getting screwed and Miami getting swept in the Finals is about the best we can hope for right?

Personally I'd go with Miami getting screwed and losing to Boston and then Boston getting swept in the finals, but your way works too. just makes me more nervous to have them get NBA-finals close again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2012 -> 09:22 AM)
Personally I'd go with Miami getting screwed and losing to Boston and then Boston getting swept in the finals, but your way works too. just makes me more nervous to have them get NBA-finals close again.

If Boston makes another Finals guys like Simmons would never shut up about it. And if Miami makes it but failed, that continues to diminish Lebron's legacy as a "King" of basketball. I guess that's my thinking. Either way, I don't see anyone beating SA four times.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2012 -> 09:22 AM)

I think it would be funnier if the Heat get to the Finals back to back and have nothing to show for it.

I have no doubt in my mind that SA is gonna win the NBA title this year, they are absolutly locked on and a flawed team like Miami isn't beating them (with or without Bosh)...unless the refs help them out.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 31, 2012 -> 09:34 AM)
If Boston makes another Finals guys like Simmons would never shut up about it. And if Miami makes it but failed, that continues to diminish Lebron's legacy as a "King" of basketball. I guess that's my thinking. Either way, I don't see anyone beating SA four times.

His Twitter rant about the refs today is awful enough. I'm not saying they did a good job, but take it easy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 31, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
His Twitter rant about the refs today is awful enough. I'm not saying they did a good job, but take it easy.

The refs werent very good and they got homered a bit, but the bigger issue was that they were dead tired at the end and couldnt even close out to the shooter. They failed.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 31, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)

I'm still rooting for an asteroid strike centered over Miami.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 31, 2012 -> 09:34 AM)

Given the way the East has laid down for Miami this year, I can only imagine that Ginobili, Leonard, and Duncan (or maybe Parker) will all somehow wind up injured before that series starts.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 30, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
Wow, Wade hits Rondo in the face - no call. Then he comes down and jump kicks Garnett and somehow it's a foul on KG. Why am I watching this?

The missed foul on Rondo was really bad but good luck seeing the kick in real time when there was a lot of contact by Garnett up top. That would have taken an incredible piece of officiating by the refs to catch that one.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 31, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
The missed foul on Rondo was really bad but good luck seeing the kick in real time when there was a lot of contact by Garnett up top. That would have taken an incredible piece of officiating by the refs to catch that one.

KG is the last one that can complain about no-calls. He sets illegal screens every single trip down the court.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 31, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)

Miami isn't going to get swept in the Finals. Bosh should return by then, it should be a good series unfortunately. :(

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 31, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
Miami isn't going to get swept in the Finals. Bosh should return by then, it should be a good series unfortunately. :(

Even if Bosh returns by then, he's going to be less than 100% effective, just from all the time off, let alone from any lingering effects.