2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
I said move Boozer TO SF.

That my friend, was ungreen sarcasm.

Oops. My bad.

But still, my question remains. Who can we get for Boozer that has a similar contract, but is a semi-productive SF?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
I think it's time to acknowledge the possibility of SA sweeping the entire postseason. I ain't seen a run like this since the '01 Lakers. And even that run didn't start until, like, a week before the playoffs. SA has been blitzing everybody since March.

I bet winning in OKC will be tough against a rocking house, but it wouldn't shock me.

Nah, okc will get 1 or 2 I think.

I will say that I'm glad that the spurs are ridiculous this year and okc is still so young and only gonna get even more scary good so that the heat can be denied championships for years to come...

I was kidding about the officiating...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)
Thing is the Spurs are kinda beating the Thunder at their own game. The Thunder usually can overwhelm you with their athleticism, speed, etc. The Spurs have all that and are deeper. If the Spurs win game 3 a sweep, IMO, is imminent.

No, not at all actually. They're just obviously playing a much smarter game. Their ball movement, cutting, passing, picks, etc...it's the most precise, efficient offense I have ever seen. That's what's happening...it's like a culmination of all of their experience together under the genius of popovich culminating into this amazing run where everyone's potential is maximized, every cog fitting perfectly into this machine, and pure, intelligent, team basketball trumping athleticism and talent. They're older and slower and much less athletic yet they're so much more poised, mature, savvy, and efficient that they're making it look easy against an extremely talented, younger team.

And Manu > harden

I just hope Thibs isn't too stubborn and is taking notes on POP's offense. Noah is as capable as Duncan making those passes on cuts for easy baskets time and time again...

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 29, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Oops. My bad.

But still, my question remains. Who can we get for Boozer that has a similar contract, but is a semi-productive SF?

The artist formally known as Artest? Kinda kidding, a Pau/Metta for Boozer/Deng does match salary wise and makes sense for the Lakers tho. Same could be said for expiring contract like Richard Jefferson, Hedu, or somethin like Boozer/Brewer for Marion/Odom

I'd actually really like that last idea, get the # 17 pick out of them too, even if it means giving up a Omer.

Trade Deng/Watson/future picks for Pau

trade Korver for another pick (for sake of argument lets say one of bostons 1st rounders, #23)

Use the MLE on Hinrich

Going off this draft I'm looking at they can then go...

SG Doron Lamb Kentucky at #17

PG Marcus Teague Kentucky or C Fab Melo Cuse at $23

C Henry Sims Georgetown or PG Scott Machado Iona at #29

This gives you

Hinrich/Teague (Hinrich gets to mentor another Teague)

Rip/Lamb/Butler

Marion/Butler/Odom

Pau/Taj/Odom

Noah/Sims/Yaj

somethin like that or do you huys think the amnesty of Boozer would save them enough money to sign Nicolus Batum??

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
I think it's time to acknowledge the possibility of SA sweeping the entire postseason. I ain't seen a run like this since the '01 Lakers. And even that run didn't start until, like, a week before the playoffs. SA has been blitzing everybody since March.

As long as they can make it through the Heat, I will be happy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
Thing is the Spurs are kinda beating the Thunder at their own game. The Thunder usually can overwhelm you with their athleticism, speed, etc. The Spurs have all that and are deeper. If the Spurs win game 3 a sweep, IMO, is imminent.

The series isn't joined until we get a game in OKC. Yeah, if the Spurs win game 3 it's over, that's obvious, but this will be the best challenge the Spurs get, on the road against a very good Thunder team.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 30, 2012 -> 02:18 AM)
The artist formally known as Artest? Kinda kidding, a Pau/Metta for Boozer/Deng does match salary wise and makes sense for the Lakers tho. Same could be said for expiring contract like Richard Jefferson, Hedu, or somethin like Boozer/Brewer for Marion/Odom

I'd actually really like that last idea, get the # 17 pick out of them too, even if it means giving up a Omer.

Trade Deng/Watson/future picks for Pau

trade Korver for another pick (for sake of argument lets say one of bostons 1st rounders, #23)

Use the MLE on Hinrich

Going off this draft I'm looking at they can then go...

SG Doron Lamb Kentucky at #17

PG Marcus Teague Kentucky or C Fab Melo Cuse at $23

C Henry Sims Georgetown or PG Scott Machado Iona at #29

This gives you

Hinrich/Teague (Hinrich gets to mentor another Teague)

Rip/Lamb/Butler

Marion/Butler/Odom

Pau/Taj/Odom

Noah/Sims/Yaj

somethin like that or do you huys think the amnesty of Boozer would save them enough money to sign Nicolus Batum??

If the Bulls use their full MLE on someone like Hinrich, they couldn't possibly sign anyone else. OTOH, if the Bulls used a combination of amnestititizng and trades to get under the cap, they woudln't have the full MLE available.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 30, 2012 -> 11:11 AM)
Here we go again;

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-nee...GhvcgRwb3MDMQRz

Actually hoping the Nets somehow get the #1 pick. Davis + Brooks + Morrow + future 1st for Dwight would do me just fine I think, although we'd probably try to put Hedo's or J-Rich's contract into the deal also.

Serious Q: How many teams in the lottery would rather hold onto that pick than go for Dwight (if Dwight would extend there)?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
None.

Anything past #1 - Dwight time. That's instant NBA relevance for the bottom feeders.

I would not trade the rights to Anthony Davis if I'm a rebuilding team that sucked enough to get the #1 pick - then it's Davis all the way and you hope you struggle enough in his rookie season to draft another stud with him.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2012 -> 02:40 AM)
Anything past #1 - Dwight time. That's instant NBA relevance for the bottom feeders.

I would not trade the rights to Anthony Davis if I'm a rebuilding team that sucked enough to get the #1 pick - then it's Davis all the way and you hope you struggle enough in his rookie season to draft another stud with him.

And I could certainly see that happen with the Magic. Especially if Nelson opts out and moves somewhere else, and also Ryan Anderson (although I think it's likely Orlando re-signs him unless someone offers him more than 11M a season, then it gets interesting).

If you move Dwight, you've got to move the likes of Redick etc., players with actual value, and just go for a complete rebuild IMO. Davis is going to take 2-3 seasons to develop at least (similiar to Dwight's career path really).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 30, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
And I could certainly see that happen with the Magic. Especially if Nelson opts out and moves somewhere else, and also Ryan Anderson (although I think it's likely Orlando re-signs him unless someone offers him more than 11M a season, then it gets interesting).

If you move Dwight, you've got to move the likes of Redick etc., players with actual value, and just go for a complete rebuild IMO. Davis is going to take 2-3 seasons to develop at least (similiar to Dwight's career path really).

They are different players I know, but I feel like Davis could have a great upside given that he has some ballhandling and shooting ability that Dwight may never have. He's also probably not a pure 5 like Dwight is as far as banging in the paint. I really feel like Davis could be Kevin Garnett when its said and done.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 30, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)

Yeah, but what I was saying is if I can draft Anthony Davis, I'm not trading that pick to get Dwight.

Also, Dwight won't re-sign with any of those teams. The only chance of a deal like this happening is if Brooklyn winds up in the top 3 (as stated in the article). Brooklyn, of course, would trade the #1 pick to get Dwight, because they'd also be ensuring that Deron stays, which is worth any draft pick.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 30, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Yeah, but what I was saying is if I can draft Anthony Davis, I'm not trading that pick to get Dwight.

Also, Dwight won't re-sign with any of those teams. The only chance of a deal like this happening is if Brooklyn winds up in the top 3 (as stated in the article). Brooklyn, of course, would trade the #1 pick to get Dwight, because they'd also be ensuring that Deron stays, which is worth any draft pick.

The caveat was if Dwight re-signed. If he wouldn't there would be very few GMs who would, or should, be interested.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2012 -> 01:48 AM)

Yeah if you're Charlotte, you're not trading that pick for Dwight even if you could and would give that franchise some actual credibility.

All I'm hoping is that out of this, we can come out as well as Denver did when they traded Melo. Get good young players and picks with cap friendly contracts, that's easier said than done though of course.

But say the Nets get the #1 pick, and they trade for Dwight and they re-sign Gerald Wallace. How much of a contender is a Deron, Farmar?, Wallace, Lopez and Howard lineup in the East next season?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 30, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
But say the Nets get the #1 pick, and they trade for Dwight and they re-sign Gerald Wallace. How much of a contender is a Deron, Farmar?, Wallace, Lopez and Howard lineup in the East next season?

Given the state of the aging Celtics and the fact that the conference's best regular season team the past two seasons will be without its superstar, that could EASILY be the 2nd seed.

Just keep Davis and offer the same Lopez and crap package that's been there for 2 years. Dwight is going to sign with Brooklyn anyways after this year. That'd be the same mistake the Knicks made, they were getting Melo anyways but their impatience cost them every role player they had.