2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:15 AM)
That shot by Harden was so irresponsible, at the bar it got a collective "WHAT ARE YOU DO... WOW!" It's going to be funny when some bottom feeder signs Harden to a ridiculous offer sheet to be their primary scorer and he turns into Ben Gordon.

James Harden is a quality scorer in the NBA, but his newfound "celebrity", for lack of a better word with his increased role, 6th man award, and exposure, is clearly going to his head. He's taking far more bad shots, and I don't know why it's taking everyone so long to start thinking the guys a big piece of s***.

I mean, if Dwyane Wade did half of what Harden does, with the stare downs, the stupid looks, the hand signals, he would be crucified on this board.

Please don't compare Harden with Gordon. Harden is a very very efficient scorer. The guy is a very good player. Star, no, but he's significantly better then Ben Gordon. And he's came up big when the Thunder needed him.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
Please don't compare Harden with Gordon. Harden is a very very efficient scorer. The guy is a very good player. Star, no, but he's significantly better then Ben Gordon. And he's came up big when the Thunder needed him.

Ben Gordon was just as good as James Harden in the 6th man role.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gordobe01.html

Look at those stats. Gordon was draining 3s over 40% year after year. In his third year he had a PER of 18.2. It's actually not that far off, and I don't think Harden will be a quality first option which he's absolutely going to be paid as by a bottom feeder.

And he's still a douche.

None of which you countered with your post.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:15 AM)
That shot by Harden was so irresponsible, at the bar it got a collective "WHAT ARE YOU DO... WOW!" It's going to be funny when some bottom feeder signs Harden to a ridiculous offer sheet to be their primary scorer and he turns into Ben Gordon.

James Harden is a quality scorer in the NBA, but his newfound "celebrity", for lack of a better word with his increased role, 6th man award, and exposure, is clearly going to his head. He's taking far more bad shots, and I don't know why it's taking everyone so long to start thinking the guys a big piece of s***.

I mean, if Dwyane Wade did half of what Harden does, with the stare downs, the stupid looks, the hand signals, he would be crucified on this board.

Harden also isn't a 6'2" defensive liability and doesn't take nearly as many shots. Harden averaged just over 10 shots a game in the regular season and just over 11 in the playoffs and is still scoring in the high teens. When Ben Gordon takes 10 or 11 shots in a game, he scores about 13 like you see in Detroit right now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:35 AM)
Ben Gordon was just as good as James Harden in the 6th man role.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gordobe01.html

Look at those stats. Gordon was draining 3s over 40% year after year. In his third year he had a PER of 18.2. It's actually not that far off, and I don't think Harden will be a quality first option which he's absolutely going to be paid as by a bottom feeder.

And he's still a douche.

None of which you countered with your post.

I don't think he's a douche, but I also love the beard (and purely based on that could never hate on him) and I did say he isn't going to be a #1 on a championship team. He can start on a championship team though and I didn't feel that was ever the case with Gordon. Gordon had too many issues (undersized + poor defensively) which Harden doesn't have. So while both were pretty efficient scorers (Harden is still far more efficient though, can get points in the paint and outside and doesn't need as many shots to be effective) in their time, one is not a complete liability on the other side of the court.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
I don't think he's a douche, but I also love the beard (and purely based on that could never hate on him) and I did say he isn't going to be a #1 on a championship team. He can start on a championship team though and I didn't feel that was ever the case with Gordon. Gordon had too many issues (undersized + poor defensively) which Harden doesn't have. So while both were pretty efficient scorers (Harden is still far more efficient though, can get points in the paint and outside and doesn't need as many shots to be effective) in their time, one is not a complete liability on the other side of the court.

These points are noted, for sure. Harden is clearly larger than Ben, but he's also going to get a larger contract. It was the first comparison that came to mind, and it doesn't disprove the fact that he will be paid to be a 1 and whatever team does it is going to be screwed.

And he is also a douche, and he gets away with being a douche for reasons unknown. I guess simply because the Thunder are 2012's America's Team.

At least people are finally realizing how awesome Serge Ibaka is!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)
These points are noted, for sure. Harden is clearly larger than Ben, but he's also going to get a larger contract. It was the first comparison that came to mind, and it doesn't disprove the fact that he will be paid to be a 1 and whatever team does it is going to be screwed.

And he is also a douche, and he gets away with being a douche for reasons unknown. I guess simply because the Thunder are 2012's America's Team.

Gordon got a pretty fat contract in his own right so I'm not too sure how much more Harden gets (if any). And I don't care whether he gets paid like a #1 or not, the fact is, he's a good player and much better then Ben Gordon. I'm not evaluating his contract (nor am I signing him to a contract). Boozer is a solid player too (in his own right). Gets hated because of the fat deal he signed. Sure he signed it, but don't blame him for that, blame the Bulls for overpaying him. Boozer really has been the type of player we could expect (at least this past year) based upon his historical performance.

Ibaka is very good and he'll only get better.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)

I'll go this far, if the Bulls were able to replace Boozer with Harden (not at the 4, obviously, but given their existing depth down low), they would be my favorite to win the championship next year (as long as Rose is at 85%). Harden would be a great fit on the Bulls and him and Deng could play together along with Rose.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
I'll go this far, if the Bulls were able to replace Boozer with Harden (not at the 4, obviously, but given their existing depth down low), they would be my favorite to win the championship next year (as long as Rose is at 85%). Harden would be a great fit on the Bulls and him and Deng could play together along with Rose.

Oh, well, yeah, there's no doubt about that (again assuming health). A healthy Bulls team could have made the NBA Finals this year with the corpse of Rip Hamilton. If they had James Harden they'd crush the entire league, and then I would immediately not believe that James Harden is a douche.

They just need some semblance of a 2 guard and some semblance of health at some point.

Totally off-topic, but what do the Heat do if they don't win the Championship this year? Many are speculating that one of the big 3 would move, most likely Bosh, but quite possibly Wade.

That would be interesting.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:56 AM)
Oh, well, yeah, there's no doubt about that (again assuming health). A healthy Bulls team could have made the NBA Finals this year with the corpse of Rip Hamilton. If they had James Harden they'd crush the entire league, and then I would immediately not believe that James Harden is a douche.

They just need some semblance of a 2 guard and some semblance of health at some point.

Totally off-topic, but what do the Heat do if they don't win the Championship this year? Many are speculating that one of the big 3 would move, most likely Bosh, but quite possibly Wade.

That would be interesting.

I would want Bosh. I would not want Wade. Heat still have a good shot though. They should be able to beat Boston and will be a different team by the time they play the Thunder. They are missing there 3rd best player and while Bosh isn't a superstar, he's still one of the best 4's in this league and makes them a completely better team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
I saw on Twitter that the Bulls are interested in Nash? That would be weird.

And I have to admit, I liked Westbrook ALOT more as a player before these last two series. He is a heads down ballhog.

Westbrook is incredibly talented and he gets his stats, but he is not good at running an offense and when you watch them in the playoffs it is really magnified. They would be better off with a guy like Rondo.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 10:58 AM)
I would want Bosh. I would not want Wade. Heat still have a good shot though. They should be able to beat Boston and will be a different team by the time they play the Thunder. They are missing there 3rd best player and while Bosh isn't a superstar, he's still one of the best 4's in this league and makes them a completely better team.

I didn't post that with the hopes of the Bulls getting one of them - I just meant it'd be interesting for the league.

And yeah, it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out - I expect the Heat to play better tonight, but they are truly lucky to not be down 1-3.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
I didn't post that with the hopes of the Bulls getting one of them - I just meant it'd be interesting for the league.

And yeah, it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out - I expect the Heat to play better tonight, but they are truly lucky to not be down 1-3.

On the flipside, I could make the case that had some bounces went the Heat's way, they could be up 3-1. Boston did lose the Rondo game but they almost blew two other games late as well. They have been the better team this series, but that doesn't say much, both teams have looked plenty bad. Lebron has been fantastic though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
I saw on Twitter that the Bulls are interested in Nash? That would be weird.

And I have to admit, I liked Westbrook ALOT more as a player before these last two series. He is a heads down ballhog.

It makes sense. You bring in a really good PG for a year, and by the time Rose is healthy, he is gone.

Obviously the Western Conference was better this year as in recent years but the Eastern Conference was destroyed by injuries, Horford, Howard, Rose, Bosh, Knicks and half of the Celtics. For some damn reason, the West really hasn't been hit hard other than Billups.

OKC has made a believer out of me, I thought there youth would be a weakness vs SAS but that hasn't been the case.