2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
He should have won it last year.

Or no.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Also, it's kind of sad how bad Blake Griffin is in the post. He should be able to score at will whenever he wants, but just doesn't have a clue about how to make a real post move.

Crazy. Reminds of Dwight. Funny how much you contradicted yourself in one post. Gosh, but if you foul Blake, he can't shoot free throws... at least Dwight (your 2011 NBA MVP) can hit free throws.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
No, you misunderstand me. When they have both Butler and Paul, they still aren't that good a team.

The fact that they're playing awful tonight without him has nothing to do with my opinion of their team, as this isn't the first time I've watched them.

Yeah, sorry I posted that before completely catching up. I see your point. They are a top 4 team in the West with Paul, but yeah, they aren't raising one to the rafters anytime soon.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Crazy. Reminds of Dwight. Funny how much you contradicted yourself in one post. Gosh, but if you foul Blake, he can't shoot free throws... at least Dwight (your 2011 NBA MVP) can hit free throws.

Where did I say ANYTHING about free throws? I was talking strictly post moves, and while Dwight doesn't have the moves of, say, Al Jefferson, his moves make Griffin's look even worse.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
Where did I say ANYTHING about free throws? I was talking strictly post moves, and while Dwight doesn't have the moves of say Al Jefferson, his moves make Griffin's look even worse.

Either way, suggesting him for MVP last year was kind of a joke. Dwight is the least consequential "super star" I've seen in a long time. Sure, the stats are great, but he never dominates the way Shaq did, and he's inconsequential in crunch time.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
Heh, Id say if Howard stays healthy this year its probably between him and lebron, in the east.

It's very early. This year makes a much better case for Dwight than last year did, no question.

Either way, if the season ended today and LeBron weren't given the MVP I'd consider the trophy a sham. He's been a f***ing God thus far.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
It's very early. This year makes a much better case for Dwight than last year did, no question.

Dwight was actually better last year than he's been this year. That's how good he was last year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
Either way, suggesting him for MVP last year was kind of a joke. Dwight is the least consequential "super star" I've seen in a long time. Sure, the stats are great, but he never dominates the way Shaq did, and he's inconsequential in crunch time.

Meh. The Magic are a 55-win type team the last several years despite filling the roster with chuckers that are bad on defense. That's all because of Dwight. Realistically, the only other guy that's had as big an impact on his team's record the last several years has been Cavs-era Lebron. MVP might be a bit of a stretch, but he's still a monster.

Speaking of LeBron. The other night I heard he nor Wade had hit a damn 3 pointer all season. Then I'm watching a game vs the Spurs and LeBron is just going apes*** in the 3rd quarter, 3's galore.

Games 1-10 (ONE THROUGH TEN) he is 0-5 on 3 point attempts - meanwhile this beastly cumguzzler is shooting like 60% on the season on mostly insane drives to the basket and OMFG dunks that really shouldn't be possible for a human.

His last 3 games? After NOT MAKING A SINGLE THREE in TEN f***ing games?

BLI-F*CKIN-DOW

9-14 from three point range. Dominant. Insane. No longer care that he wanted to be Wade's butt buddy. LBJ can put on a show.

And yes, this is why the NBA owns all. It can be so utterly weird.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Speaking of LeBron. The other night I heard he nor Wade had hit a damn 3 pointer all season. Then I'm watching a game vs the Spurs and LeBron is just going apes*** in the 3rd quarter, 3's galore.

Games 1-10 (ONE THROUGH TEN) he is 0-5 on 3 point attempts - meanwhile this beastly cumguzzler is shooting like 60% on the season on mostly insane drives to the basket and OMFG dunks that really shouldn't be possible for a human.

His last 3 games? After NOT MAKING A SINGLE THREE in TEN f***ing games?

BLI-F*CKIN-DOW

9-14 from three point range. Dominant. Insane. No longer care that he wanted to be Wade's butt buddy. LBJ can put on a show.

And yes, this is why the NBA owns all. It can be so utterly weird.

and... I think I just fell in love with you.

There's got to be some kind of award I can nominate this post for, right?

Edited by SouthSideTeacher

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 11:49 PM)
and... I think I just fell in love with you.

There's got to be some kind of award I can nominate this post for, right?

Feel free to bookmark stevotown.com

Beyond that, feel free to call haters like soxbadger a bunch of HATERS.

I was only slightly drunk.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 12:09 AM)
Del Negro is good at calling time outs while his team falls apart.

Del Negro is possibly the worst professional coach of all-time. All he did was get DERRICK.ROSE. and BLAKE.GRIFFEN. and CHRIS.PAUL. handed to his overly hairy ass and completely make an ass of himself.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 12:27 AM)
Del Negro is possibly the worst professional coach of all-time. All he did was get DERRICK.ROSE. and BLAKE.GRIFFEN. and CHRIS.PAUL. handed to his overly hairy ass and completely make an ass of himself.

I'd also like to point out that I went balistic and also wanted to murder someone the day the Bulls made the Godforsaken hire.

Of course, that was also, I believe, the offseason that the Knicks gave D'Antoni the keys to MSG and f***ed themselves as well. In the end, we wound up with Thibs, whom I actually, completely, 100% believe (and know) cares as much or POSSIBLY MORE THAN I DO about the Chicago Bulls, given the sound of his voice in the 4th quarter, so I won't b**** anymore about VDN.

Ok, but f***, f*** VDN. Worthless. Can't coach. Never even did it on the grade school level before HIRED BY BULLS.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 12:30 AM)
It was a joke, Hubie Brown (I think that is who was announcing) said that Del Negro called a good time out. I was joking about how his team is always falling apart.

And I do love to hate, its pretty fun.

As much as I hate how hard it is to argue with you, I do love your posting style and what you bring to threads. You already know this, obviously.