2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 01:02 AM)
Second round picks? Oh boy!

Look at it this way:

GM's take certain packages.

Kahn loves PGs.

GarPax will unload stupid/troublesome players for picks teams deem useless.

Danny Ainge will take a stupid return over no return. Remember when he told Auerbach to trade himself, Bird, and McHale for what became Schrempf and crap?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering they still have Paul Pierce under contract for an extra season (or two, I don't remember and don't feel like looking this trivial point up) and they're still probably a dangerous playoff team if they ever figure things out, there's no real motivation for them to trade Allen for a package that bad unless they had other deals in place to move either Pierce or Garnett.

Edited by Felix

Life's been busy and i've missed a couple of days worth of posts.

Now that I'm back and reading all of these at once... guhh.

IDEA: Let's pour a couple of drinks and leave these crazy scenarios (Noah to Boston, for instance. Yeah, that trade's gonna happen at about never o'clock.) back at the lab.

In BULLS news, it seems like Boozer & Noah are communicating much more effectively of late. Haven't seen the usual wrestling for a rebound that eventually gets knocked out of bounds 'cause nobody called GOT IT. Yay for energy, boards, wins, and healing time for D.ROSE! :)

Edited by SouthSideTeacher

I guess I wasn't really disagreeing with the notion that the Lakers are dreadful to watch, because they're almost as bad as watching the Knicks (which is saying something). I just don't like the Clippers hype that the media has played up this year, as they really aren't that good a basketball team.

Edited by Felix

"Fire D'Antoni!!!"

And this should get some discussion going;

If the official votes were taken today, should Dwight Howard be the NBA's MVP?

Possibly, says ESPN analyst Jeff Van Gundy.

I think you could make the case that he’s the MVP of this young season," Jeff Van Gundy said before the ESPN broadcast of the Orlando Magic Los Angeles Lakers game Friday. "He plays with below average defenders in the starting lineup. They’re still a good defensive team because of him having a phenomenal year."

Given the seasons Kobe Bryant (barring his recent stint against the Miami Heat and Orlando Magic) and LeBron James are having this will be an interesting MVP race. But this just may be Dwight Howard's time.

Dwight Howard led the Magic with 21 points and 23 rebounds in a 92-80 win against the Lakers, making this the fifth time this season Howard's had 20 plus points and rebounds.

In other sports media nuggets from Friday...ESPN analyst Jon Barry ranked Ryan Anderson among his top five power forwards so far this season which drew mocking laughs from his NBA pregame show co-hosts Magic Johnson, Michael Wilbon and Chris Broussard. Barry ranked Anderson No. 5 with Paul Millsap, LeMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin and Kevin Love taking the No. 1 spot.

He should have won it last year.

Also, it's kind of sad how bad Blake Griffin is in the post. He should be able to score at will whenever he wants, but just doesn't have a clue about how to make a real post move.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:21 PM)
You're going to judge them when their best player (and a top 5 player in the world) is out?

No, you misunderstand me. When they have both Butler and Paul, they still aren't that good a team.

The fact that they're playing awful tonight without him has nothing to do with my opinion of their team, as this isn't the first time I've watched them.