2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
Trade Noah for Allen and a pick or two. 100% IN on that, though the Celtics would never do it.

Celtics would do that in a heartbeat.

Korver + Brewer + 2-3 second round picks for Allen. This lineup:

Rose - Watson

Allen - Hamilton

Deng - Butler

Boozer - Gibson

Noah - Asik

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
Noah's been awful. But Omer Asik as a full-time starter with nothing behind him isn't too appeasing.

Noah has shown signs of life recently though, not ready to give up on him this season just yet.

I wouldn't send Noah for any of the Celtics.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)

Rose - Watson

Allen - Hamilton

Deng - Butler

Boozer - Gibson

Noah - Asik

That's what I'm SAYIN.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)

Rose - Watson

Allen - Hamilton

Deng - Butler

Boozer - Gibson

Noah - Asik

Seems like an overpay for a guy that'll give you this year and maybe next year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
And trading brewer significantly hurts defense, which is still what the Bulls are about.

Ray Allen though has been pretty successful in Thibs's defense before, and then if ever healthy he'd be backed up by Hamilton.

SS2k,

Butler may be able to guard bigger sg's its hard to tell because at Marquette he played more SF/PF than a guard.

Balta,

Im not talking about success. Right now the Bulls are arguably one of the top 5 teams in the NBA. Any move I am thinking of making would be dependent on getting farther in the playoffs. Right now the Heat are the biggest road block. I do not feel comfortable with Allen/Rose/Hamilton guarding Wade on a consistent basis. Im not sure Butler is designed to guard Wade either. Therefore the Bulls need at least 1 guard who can defend Wade and to me thats Brewer (on the Bulls right now).

If I am going to add offense, it would not be at Brewer's expense. Brewer's value to the Bulls should be much higher than it is to other teams, thus they should trade an asset that has less value to them, but more value to others. At least thats what I would do.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
Seems like an overpay for a guy that'll give you this year and maybe next year.

They maybe 1 or 2 second rounders. Brewer and Korver have team options, but they'll be gone after that. Like Allen.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)
And trading brewer significantly hurts defense, which is still what the Bulls are about.

Butler + Allen = Brewer + Korver on D in my opinion. Plus, the flow of offensive firepower that Rip brings to the Mob and the cold-blooded threes that Allen brings outweigh that.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
SS2k,

Butler may be able to guard bigger sg's its hard to tell because at Marquette he played more SF/PF than a guard.

Balta,

Im not talking about success. Right now the Bulls are arguably one of the top 5 teams in the NBA. Any move I am thinking of making would be dependent on getting farther in the playoffs. Right now the Heat are the biggest road block. I do not feel comfortable with Allen/Rose/Hamilton guarding Wade on a consistent basis. Im not sure Butler is designed to guard Wade either. Therefore the Bulls need at least 1 guard who can defend Wade and to me thats Brewer (on the Bulls right now).

If I am going to add offense, it would not be at Brewer's expense. Brewer's value to the Bulls should be much higher than it is to other teams, thus they should trade an asset that has less value to them, but more value to others. At least thats what I would do.

Hamilton is supposedly one of the best there is at shutting down Wade.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
Hamilton is supposedly one of the best there is at shutting down Wade.

And Rip + Ray would wear down Wade on offense.

Plus in Thibs system, you need both SF and SG to funnel perimeter players into Asik/Noah/Gibson/Boozer. Don't tell me Butler/Hamilton couldn't do that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
That's false. I have no clue who perpetrated that myth. That's almost as bad as Gerald Wilkins somehow getting a "Jordan stopper" reputation back in the early 90's.

Wade's 21.5 points per game against the Pistons is tied with his 21.5 ppg against the Celtics as the 2nd fewest ppg against any team in the league. He has only scored fewer points per game against Charlotte, and that's in 3 fewer minutes per game (probably a lot of Bobcat Blowouts where he didn't need to score).

His career splits suggest that the Celtics and the Pistons have at least held him in check on scoring. Whether that is Hamilton...I dunno.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:33 PM)
That's false. I have no clue who perpetrated that myth. That's almost as bad as Gerald Wilkins somehow getting a "Jordan stopper" reputation back in the early 90's.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
Wade's 21.5 points per game against the Pistons is tied with his 21.5 ppg against the Celtics as the 2nd fewest ppg against any team in the league. He has only scored fewer points per game against Charlotte, and that's in 3 fewer minutes per game (probably a lot of Bobcat Blowouts where he didn't need to score).

His career splits suggest that the Celtics and the Pistons have at least held him in check on scoring. Whether that is Hamilton...I dunno.

Poor J4L. The NBA thread has not been kind.

You guys have a ton of faith in Butler, I like him, I just am not going to put my Championship hopes on a rookie who primarily played forward in college.

As for Hamilton/Allen, dont like either of them on Wade, I prefer Brewer.

I just dont see why the Bulls would need to trade Brewer.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
You guys have a ton of faith in Butler, I like him, I just am not going to put my Championship hopes on a rookie who primarily played forward in college.

As for Hamilton/Allen, dont like either of them on Wade, I prefer Brewer.

I just dont see why the Bulls would need to trade Brewer.

You aren't "putting your hopes" on him. You are putting 8-12 minutes on him. BIG difference.