Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 06:17 AM)
Spencer and Louis are playing great. I changed my mind on Carimi, no rush getting him back. The Eagles don't have some b**** line either.

How's J'Marcus Webb looking? Didn't catch yesterday's game. If he's still meh, might make it interesting to see the Bears move Carimi back to his original position in college.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 07:20 AM)
How's J'Marcus Webb looking? Didn't catch yesterday's game. If he's still meh, might make it interesting to see the Bears move Carimi back to his original position in college.

I think his assignment was Cole, and he looked great. Louis had Babin. I get those two mixed up. Louis pancaked his guy on one play. Webb is starting to come around.

Next year Spencer will play center and Carimi will play a position full time.

last night when the ESPN crew were making their picks, they were all laughing at Ditka for picking the Bears. Cris Carter says, "The Eagles have Asomugha, watch out Cutler". Whatever, Asomugha was irrelevant for the entire game

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 06:34 AM)
last night when the ESPN crew were making their picks, they were all laughing at Ditka for picking the Bears. Cris Carter says, "The Eagles have Asomugha, watch out Cutler". Whatever, Asomugha was irrelevant for the entire game

Again, my roommate thinks they are Super Bowl bound.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 06:34 AM)

I disagree. He did have a red-zone pass interference penalty called on him in the 4th.

What a game by the Bears. They out-coached, out-played, out-hustled the Eagles. If it wasn't for Forte's fumbles, that game would not have been as close in the 4th. If they can keep it up vs. DET at home, they will be looking good in the wild card race.

Now that the Bears have the tiebreaker edge over ATL, TB, and PHI, they really should be fine getting in at 10-6.

I figure there will be five games where the Bears are favored (SD, KC, @DEN, SEA, @MIN) so they may not even have to beat Detroit to make it in, especially since the game at Oakland should be winnable as well.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 08:28 AM)
I think his assignment was Cole, and he looked great. Louis had Babin. I get those two mixed up. Louis pancaked his guy on one play. Webb is starting to come around.

Bears just extended Garza for 2 years.

Credit needs to be given in a couple of areas here...Martz deserves credit for realizing the fact that Forte is a much better outside RB stretching the field, than he is between the tackles (under turner bears kept trying to run him straight ahead out of the I). Also Tice's MO as a coach is that he likes big, nasty O-linemen that are maulers. Say what you will about the pass blocking (which has gotten better), but this Oline is very good in the running game. They are big, physical and are very athletic with the ability to pull and seal off the edges for forte. I really don't know what the bears should do with Carimi right now, because Louis is playing as well as anyone. While Spencer is playing well, the best option is probably to put Louis at RG and Carimi at RT

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)

Credit needs to be given in a couple of areas here...Martz deserves credit for realizing the fact that Forte is a much better outside RB stretching the field, than he is between the tackles (under turner bears kept trying to run him straight ahead out of the I). Also Tice's MO as a coach is that he likes big, nasty O-linemen that are maulers. Say what you will about the pass blocking (which has gotten better), but this Oline is very good in the running game. They are big, physical and are very athletic with the ability to pull and seal off the edges for forte. I really don't know what the bears should do with Carimi right now, because Louis is playing as well as anyone. While Spencer is playing well, the best option is probably to put Louis at RG and Carimi at RT

I'm not do committed to Williams at LG

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
I'm not do committed to Williams at LG

Williams was the key guy on all those big Forte runs to the right side that happened in the first half...Williams and either Garza or Spencer were the 2 guys pulling to get out in front of Forte, and Williams has the farthest to go. Webb did a solid job of sealing the back side while Williams pulled to get out front, those plays really took advantage of his mobility.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 07:28 AM)

The best thing you can say about Webb's performance last night was that you never noticed him. He wasn't obviously getting beat, he wasn't obviously getting pushed back into Cutler, and Cutler was clean for almost the whole night. You never noticed pressure coming from Cutler's backside.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 07:10 AM)

Let me put it this way/ The Bears ran for nearly 200 yards, and Cutlers jersey was white at the end of the game despite 30+ pass attempts. There is nothing bad to say about the line after that performance.

One thing I hate about MNF is the length of the game. 3.5 hours for a football game? Come on. You don't need a 2.5 minute time out after a kickoff, or punt, or timeout, or injury etc. Get the guys on the field and playing the f***ing game.

At least you live in the Central time zone. It sucks even worse for those of us on Eastern time.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
He's been the most consistent O-Linemen on the team since the start. I think he's found a new home there for the next several years for the Bears.

All I have to say to that is mehhh. He also probably has the most stupid mistakes and penalties. Considering the way the right side of the line has played, should carimi move his way back to RT, I like Louis's athleticism at LG, no doubt that he can pull out just as well if not better than Williams. The line is night and day since Louis took over at RT. He had the quickness to do what Omiyale so clearly cannot, he can move back fast enough on a speed pass rush to merely push the defender out past Cutler. BUt since then he has shown dominant blocking ability when they come back inside too. He was owning Cole last night.

Second point, I've never seen so catchable a ball get dropped without ever touching the receivers arms, as I saw with Roy Williams deep ball last night. Somehow a throw over that man's shoulder hit him in the chest AND top of the thigh and he never got his arms by it. IF this was Madden it was a throw that would have just been sucked into his chest and transfered into his hands.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)
All I have to say to that is mehhh. He also probably has the most stupid mistakes and penalties.

That would be J'Marcus Webb, from what I gathered from your post.. is explaining him to a tee.

And I agree about Louis. He is fun to watch out there with his nastiness.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)
All I have to say to that is mehhh. He also probably has the most stupid mistakes and penalties. Considering the way the right side of the line has played, should carimi move his way back to RT, I like Louis's athleticism at LG, no doubt that he can pull out just as well if not better than Williams. The line is night and day since Louis took over at RT. He had the quickness to do what Omiyale so clearly cannot, he can move back fast enough on a speed pass rush to merely push the defender out past Cutler. BUt since then he has shown dominant blocking ability when they come back inside too. He was owning Cole last night.

Second point, I've never seen so catchable a ball get dropped without ever touching the receivers arms, as I saw with Roy Williams deep ball last night. Somehow a throw over that man's shoulder hit him in the chest AND top of the thigh and he never got his arms by it. IF this was Madden it was a throw that would have just been sucked into his chest and transfered into his hands.

The WRs were awful last night. Cutler probably had at least 150 yards left on the field because of drops. Williams was just the cherry on top of the cake.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
The WRs were awful last night. Cutler probably had at least 150 yards left on the field because of drops. Williams was just the cherry on top of the cake.

Well except for Earl Bennet, but yeah, every other WR had at least one bad play.

Another thing regarding Cutler's play. It seems to me the past few successful weeks, we have been bringing in the TEs to block and leaving only a few receivers to go out on a route. This takes away Martz's famed matchups. But allowed time, Cutler has been getting the ball to receivers that are only open in the sense that he has found a way to fit the ball in where they can catch it. In a game with 3 very good cover corners going against 3, frankly average or worse, receivers, our QB still managed to make that a successful play. No INTs thrown. 2 TDs (one gorgeous). This is his added value with time to throw.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 08:10 AM)

I came on here basically to say I was totally wrong about that... I thought they'd move Spencer and let Garza go due to his age.

Truthfully speaking, Garza is as good as Kreutz ever was or better in the last 5 years.

I don't know why people still hate Chris Williams. He's been nothing but solid for basically a full season now. He's a big part of Forte's success too, because he's so athletic, basically a tackle playing guard.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
I came on here basically to say I was totally wrong about that... I thought they'd move Spencer and let Garza go due to his age.

Truthfully speaking, Garza is as good as Kreutz ever was or better in the last 5 years.

I don't know why people still hate Chris Williams. He's been nothing but solid for basically a full season now. He's a big part of Forte's success too, because he's so athletic, basically a tackle playing guard.

All I'm saying is this, who do you think makes the best 5 for our Oline. In an unbelievable turn of events, I can't think of anyone that really needs replacing right now. 5 weeks ago I would have said they all need replacing. Omiyale tends to make everyone around him look worse. But I really have a hard time benching spencer right now. I'm not so sure that our best 5 wouldn't be:

LT-Webb LG-Louis C Garza RG Spencer RT Carimi.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 07:54 AM)
One thing I hate about MNF is the length of the game. 3.5 hours for a football game? Come on. You don't need a 2.5 minute time out after a kickoff, or punt, or timeout, or injury etc. Get the guys on the field and playing the f***ing game.

I especially loved missing the fake punt in order to listen to Tirico opine on some bulls*** that he has no idea about.