2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 12:19 AM)
I'm in a Survivor pool with 1400 players. 940 got eliminated today with 788 of those on New England.

Lucky for me I was on the Bengals train.

I'm liking the Saints to beat KC next weekend.

Kind of risky to bet on Saints, although if there was a week to do it would be vs KC

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 10:21 PM)
To clarify things, that would be the winnings in my survivor pool, if I had actually won it all. So POTENTIALLY that kick cost me $5500, but unlikely.

Regardless, I am going to write down my pick each week just for "fun" to see how far I would have made it had he not choked away the kick.

LOL. You lost in week 2 of a survivor pool. Week 2. And yet Gostkowski cost you $5,500. It's not like it was week 15.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 10:21 PM)
To clarify things, that would be the winnings in my survivor pool, if I had actually won it all. So POTENTIALLY that kick cost me $5500, but unlikely.

Regardless, I am going to write down my pick each week just for "fun" to see how far I would have made it had he not choked away the kick.

I took the Saints in week 1. If I had made it to week 2, I definitely would have picked the Patriots. Oops.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)
Wasn't it a one score lead? What if they jarred the ball loose and recovered?

He went down to a knee, he was down as soon as they touched him. All they could hope for was a mishandled snap, not to hit the QB and knock the ball out

Bears coach Lovie Smith said Monday that Matt Forte does not have a high ankle sprain.

"Matt did go down with an ankle injury. It's not a high ankle sprain, as has been reported," Smith said on WBBM (780-AM). "But right now, you know when you don't finish the game and he still has some soreness, we'll continue to monitor it, but we felt we needed another running back here, that's why we brought back a guy who knows our system and has played good ball for us in Kahlil Bell."

link

Um, if true, that'd be sexual. However, I don't trust a word out of his mouth.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
LOL. You lost in week 2 of a survivor pool. Week 2. And yet Gostkowski cost you $5,500. It's not like it was week 15.

I didn't say he cost me $5500, I said POTENTIALLY. I have the whole season mapped out w/ my picks, I was pretty damn confident. It's possible that shank of a kick cost me $5500.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
I didn't say he cost me $5500, I said POTENTIALLY. I have the whole season mapped out w/ my picks, I was pretty damn confident. It's possible that shank of a kick cost me $5500.

You lost a survivor's pool in week 2, it's pretty silly to talk about POTENTIALLY winning it.

By Brad Biggs, Tribune reporter

12:47 p.m. CDT, September 17, 2012

A week after quarterback Jay Cutler was sacked seven times, the Chicago Bears are changing up the offensive line.

But scrutinized left tackle J’Marcus Webb appears to be remaining in place right now.

Left guard Chris Spencer is not. The Bears will start Chilo Rachal at left guard on Sunday when they host the St. Louis Rams at Soldier Field. Rachal, signed to a one-year contract in the spring, made 38 starts over four seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, who drafted him in the second round in 2008.

Spencer allowed one sack to Clay Matthews in the 23-10 loss at Green Bay when the outside linebacker beat the veteran cleanly inside. Spencer had to fend off a challenge from Rachal to keep the job during preseason. It was a new position for Spencer, too, as he was a center with the Seattle Seahawks before joining the team last year. He played 15 games at right guard in 2011, making 14 starts.

“This is the first time playing left guard in my career,” Rachal said. “I like it. I am naturally left-handed. I should like this position better than right.”

The Bears informed Rachal of the move on Saturday when the team gathered at Halas Hall to review game film from the loss.

“I just approached my work like I do every day,” Rachal said. “I came in and got my extra lifts in. I want to take it to another level. This is a good opportunity. I have a small window and I want to maximize this opportunity because you never know when I’ll get this chance again.”

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
You lost a survivor's pool in week 2, it's pretty silly to talk about POTENTIALLY winning it.

I'm actually without words as to the level of "silly" it is to say a kicker cost you $5500 when you lose a survivor pool in week 2.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)

That is precisely how you lose in survival pools.