11. Ozzie Guillen

12. Carlton Fisk

13. Wilbur Wood

14. Tommie Agee

15. Pete Ward

16. Paul Konerko

17. Mark Buerhle

18. Scott Fletcher

19. Jim Landis (my first Sox baseball card)

20. Robin Ventura

Edited by elrockinMT

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post but have been reading for a long time.

I decided to post as this is a great topic that brings back a lifetime of fabulous memories; all positive.

Favorite two (I can't split them): Frank and Nellie.

Many many other favorites including:

Dick Allen

Mark Buehrle

Robin Ventura

Looie Aparicio

Joel Horlen

Gary Peters

Tommy John

LaMar Hoyt

Black Jack

Britt Burns (a much better pitcher than the overated k. wood but no one is writing multiple glowing articles about him!)

Jose Valentine

AJ

Jungle Jim Rivera

Joe Crede

Ron Kittle

Ron Hansen

Chet Lemon

Ed Herrmann

No Neck Williams

Pat Kelly

Bobby Jenks

Bobby Thigpen

Wilbur Wood

Al Weiss (also a favorite as a '69 Met!)

Jerry Koozman (same as above above)

Jermaine Dye

Juan Uribe

Billy Pierce (why Al Lopez never gave him a start in the "59 World Series I will never understand)

Ken Berry

Minnie Minoso

Tommy Agee

and a bunch more.

GO GO WHITE SOX!

Let see:

Ozzie Guillen

Joe Crede

Scott Podsednik

El Duque (short but sweet stint with us)

Robin Ventura

Britt Burns

Julio Cruz (not sure why? lol)

Lamar Johnson ...(I was young lol)

Don Kessinger

Mike Squires

Bo Jackson

Ron Kittle

Greg Luzinski

Steve Lyons

Harry Chapas

TadaHITo Iguchi

Aaron Rowand

Keith Foulke

AJ Pierzynski

Freddy Garcia

Jon Garland

Juan Uribe

Joey Cora

Warren Newsom

Tim Raines

...actually pretty much anybody on the 2005 team!!!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 05:58 PM)
It's amazing how you can leave guys off that you remember playing and liked. I liked Ron Hansen a lot as a player, Harold Baines and can't forget Harold Perry- the milkman delivers again. So many good ones

How can you put Ron Hansen and not Peters or Horlen?

Hansen was a horrible baseball player.

Oh no! We all forgot Ed Farmer. Remember when Al Cowens charged the mound. And Tom Paciorek. I also forgot Jorge Orta, Ralph Garr. And my favorite name Rusty Kuntz. Any love for Kenny Williams or Greg Walker? I liked LaRussa and Torborg as managers. Wilson Alvarez, Alex Fernandez, Ivan Calderon were good too.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
It's amazing how you can leave guys off that you remember playing and liked. I liked Ron Hansen a lot as a player, Harold Baines and can't forget Harold Perry- the milkman delivers again. So many good ones

elrockinMT:

You are so right; amazing how you forget some all time favorites as you review other lists.

I can't believe I forgot:

Harold Baines

John Garland

Hoyt Wilhelm (Tilt)

Ray Durham

Jim Landis

Roberto Hernandez

Carlton Fisk

Willie Harris

Great memories and wonderful moments spent with all these players and my Grandfather, Father, Daughters, Son, Wife and fellow White Sox Fans!

GO GO WHITE SOX!

Ron Hansen was a pretty good shortstop. Good fielder and was a pretty good clutch hitter. Even had some power. He had back problems which certainly hurt his career.

I can't believe I forgot Tom Paciorek. He was for sure an all-time favorite of mine.

Time to make this harder. Pick your ultimate favorite White Sox player. #1, Numero uno. Only one choice, one player. No ties. Like the Academy Awards, you all made some great nominees and now pick your winner. Managers and coaches are in play.

This is hard. My ultimate favorite White Sox player is Ozzie Guillen. Like his humor, craziness, unpredictability..but at the same time he loves the game and respects it. Brutally honest even if I don't always agree with his opinion. Getting us to the promise land in 2005. And of course enjoyed watching him play defense at SS. What a character.

Whew, that was hard. So many other White Sox players that I had to turn my back on. haha!

Edited by sunofgold

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
Time to make this harder. Pick your ultimate favorite White Sox player. #1, Numero uno. Only one choice, one player. No ties. Like the Academy Awards, you all made some great nominees and now pick your winner. Managers and coaches are in play.

This is hard. My ultimate favorite White Sox player is Ozzie Guillen. Like his humor, craziness, unpredictability..but at the same time he loves the game and respects it. Brutally honest even if I don't always agree with his opinion. Getting us to the promise land in 2005. And of course enjoyed watching him play defense at SS. What a character.

Whew, that was hard. So many other White Sox players that I had to turn my back on. haha!

Easily Frank. He's the guy who got me into the sox when I was a kid.

Picking only one, I go with Little Louie. I was 6 years old when he was a rookie and he was my favorite player growing up. My first baseball glove had his signature. Man, was I excited when I got that for a birthday present.

I remember how the crowd would chant (Go! Go! Go!) whenever he got on base. Always thought that really cool. :gosox4: