South Region

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much "Buzz" love in this thread. His recruiting isn't so clean in some cases. The Branden Dawson recruitment was an absolute joke. Pretty well known around Indiana these days. Buzz was actually the high bidder, reaching over six figures. Branden decided he'd go to MSU obviously, but not before he had two all expenses paid unofficial visits to Marquette. UCLA was also very "nice".

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 07:41 AM)
And New Mexico beat a very good LBSU team, not overrated, UNLV just played awful.

That was the Pac-12's second top-50 win of the entire season. Their first? Stanford over Colorado State (MWC also), who got rolled on Thursday.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 06:07 AM)
Too much "Buzz" love in this thread. His recruiting isn't so clean in some cases. The Branden Dawson recruitment was an absolute joke. Pretty well known around Indiana these days. Buzz was actually the high bidder, reaching over six figures. Branden decided he'd go to MSU obviously, but not before he had two all expenses paid unofficial visits to Marquette. UCLA was also very "nice".

I have a hard time believing this because if this were true the kid would have gone to Marquette. You're not going to tell me an 18-year-old turned down 6 figures to go somewhere else for no money.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)
I have a hard time believing this because if this were true the kid would have gone to Marquette. You're not going to tell me an 18-year-old turned down 6 figures to go somewhere else for no money.

MSU didn't get him legally either. Check out his mothers new ride. The number you continually hear around Indiana is $75,000. He was thought as a Purdue lock. Called Painter a "father figure" and they were the first on him. He's from "the region", only half pro-PU area in Indiana. There's a reason Painter didn't even finish in his top 3. He just flat out stopped talking to him. Then you see Dawson talking s*** to Painter during their game at MSU, then Painter firing back in his press conference after the game.