Trayvon Martin

StrangeSox

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2013 -> 11:58 PM)
Wow, nice. But yeah, he doesn't know the law. Following behind someone doesn't give them the right to hit you.

And pettie, I do believe it's relevant. Basically saying "he's fair-skinned, so he's white" is at best racially insensitive, and racist at worst.

"He's fair-skinned, so he's socially perceived as white" is probably pretty accurate. Just as Obama is mixed-race but would be perceived in our society as black.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 01:12 AM)
And you could also get a city where 500 people are murdered every year, like that really big one we know which happens to be the only major US city where you cannot walk around the street with a gun. The results really back up your idea, there.

I'm seriously stunned that people are stupid enough to get conned into caring about this case anymore. I mean its a convenient platform for a couple big liberal activism points (racism at every corner, guns) but this gets more play than anything else happening in the world right now or over the past week. Doesn't make any sense! Stop caring! Treyvon's dead, he isn't coming back no matter how much #justice he gets and getting all pissy about Zimmerman walking is like getting mad at the White Sox for missing the playoffs this year. You already knew what was going to happen, why get so pissed when the totally expected happens? I dont get it.

I will say that the constant stream of race-oriented Us vs. Them bulls*** that's been crammed into our skulls is finally getting to me. I feel myself giving less and less of a s*** about blacks in general as opposed to an earlier time when I really didn't give a s*** about anyone that much and it was pretty uniform across racial lines. This bulls*** is maddening, the idea that because a black was the victim of a crime the pillars of our legal structure that have existed for as long as this country has (double jeopardy) are openly being questioned by a black AG appointed by a black president.

I'm getting sick of being OK with this s***, the mountains of welfare money disproportionately spent on blacks who commit more crimes, wind up in jail more often and graduate high school less. Some of you will call me racist just for saying that, but its the goddamn truth and I wouldn't have even gotten to this point if I wasn't bombarded almost daily with anti-white propaganda guised as "progressive tolerance initiatives". But that's kind of what happens when you create an enemy to point at for all your problems, you threaten an imaginary foe into existence.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

Duke, your rants are probably why there will never be another Republican president.

Edited by pettie4sox

READ THIS

This thread has been allowed to go on its merry way, crossing the line repeatedly, but we let it ride for now given the fiery nature of the topic. But it has now crossed lines that cannot be crossed.

From this post forward, we're going to reign it in, and take action on posts that break the Buster rules you all signed off on. We also reserve the right to act on some previous posts.

Be careful what you type.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 12:01 AM)
That sounds incredibly racist. And honestly, it seems like you're making it about race.

That wasn't really the point, if I saw Zimmerman on the street without knowing who he was and not knowing his mother was from Peru or whatever I'd have assumed he was white. And I wasn't talking about Zimmerman specifically I was talking about what happens to black people in court under the same circumstances. Yes of course the point I made was about race.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 08:14 AM)
"He's fair-skinned, so he's socially perceived as white" is probably pretty accurate. Just as Obama is mixed-race but would be perceived in our society as black.

This.

And my father is white, but for all intents and purposes I'm black when people look at me. My skin is dark or at least light brown.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 09:03 AM)
This.

And my father is white, but for all intents and purposes I'm black when people look at me. My skin is dark or at least light brown.

I actually considered you purple...but good news for you is I like purples.

Apparently the jurors didn't talk about race one time during their deliberations. Glad they could properly see through the media-driven bulls***. Also sounds like they were 3-3 at the beginning, but after reading and re-reading the law they all agreed there was simply not enough to convict him of 2nd degree or manslaughter.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)
Oh, and I'll be glad to see Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Jr. and the rest of the racial activists calling for calm in the wake of the verdict. You know, like not committing hate crimes:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/...0,5135359.story

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/22850763/jogg...t#axzz2Z8TvGzrd

Civil rights leaders, including the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, urged peace in the wake of the verdict. Jackson said the legal system "failed justice," but violence isn't the answer.

Civil rights leaders, including the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, urged peace in the wake of the verdict. Jackson said the legal system "failed justice," but violence isn't the answer.

Yes, they are saying that now, but the violence is happening, and I'd be willing to bet that their dollars are going to end up in the hands of attorneys defending those committing the violence.

People just blow my mind. Why in the world would you beat a random mofo for vengeance? They should be going after Zman or the jurors (I'm not condoning that by the way I'm just saying that would make more sense) It's like the world has an IQ of 40.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:58 AM)
Yes, they are saying that now, but the violence is happening, and I'd be willing to bet that their dollars are going to end up in the hands of attorneys defending those committing the violence.

I love how they get criticized for not saying things they actually did say and ten criticized more for people not listening to them.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:08 AM)
People just blow my mind. Why in the world would you beat a random mofo for vengeance? They should be going after Zman or the jurors (I'm not condoning that by the way I'm just saying that would make more sense) It's like the world has an IQ of 40.

Going after jurors doesn't make more sense. At all. If anything, this is a dangerous precedent to set. Very dangerous.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:08 AM)

The jurors weren't the problem here. Try the legislators who wrote the laws, if you really are that upset about them, or the DA's who brought the case.

So Juror B37 says Stand Your Ground was a major part of the jury's reasoning. She also believed that Zimmerman was "egged on" by the 911 operator. In general, Anderson Cooper's interview with this juror showed that this person pretty much wholly believed Zimmerman's testimony because almost everything she says is qualified by "George says." While lots of people have been tough on the prosecution, I thought the one thing they did was cast doubt on everything Zimmerman said. I guess not.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)
Actions speak louder than words.

OK, you know... I really dislike both of those guys, but their actions clearly show in this case they are trying to keep people calm. I really can't criticize them in this case, and frankly, you are only doing so out of fear and not fact. I hate defending their actions, but, this is reality.

OK, you know... I really dislike both of those guys, but their actions clearly show in this case they are trying to keep people calm. I really can't criticize them in this case, and frankly, you are only doing so out of fear and not fact. I hate defending their actions, but, this is reality.

They are saying what they have to say in order to keep the money rolling in, just like any other politician.

So? How does that mean they aren't doing the right thing - IN THIS CASE?

They are saying the right things for now, but I will reserve judgment until we get to the point where the various people who are exacting their own revenge get to trial, and see where there defense money is coming from.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 11:05 AM)
They are saying the right things for now, but I will reserve judgment until we get to the point where the various people who are exacting their own revenge get to trial, and see where there defense money is coming from.

Are you aware of some history of that scenario occurring? People committing violence as some sort of revenge being defended by those guys' money? Not saying it hasn't happened, but I am not aware of it.

And you aren't reserving judgment - you made your judgment clear earlier.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 07:14 AM)

The dude looks totally "Hispanic". Definitely not "white". Not that it should matter. But u guys seem obsessed over his supposed "whiteness"

Edited by mr_genius