Trayvon Martin

StrangeSox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 01:59 PM)
GZ's life is super f***ed. He'll have to leave the country if he's not convicted. The man will truly never be free. That in itself supports two tragedies already.

He's not f***ed. He's already raised hundreds of thousands of dollars from people who believe he's a hero.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 12:07 PM)
And do you think that his life will even be the same again? Looking over his shoulder for that one crazy-ass douchbag that thinks he is gonna up his street cred by taking care of this crazy-ass cracker? Yeah, he is still alive, for now, but unless he moves across the country in some sort of witness relocation type of thing he will be punished every remaining day of his life, guilty verdict or no.

Sucks that he acted like a complete moron and wound up killing an innocent kid because of it. Poor baby.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 12:08 PM)
What it is to stop people from attacking people who are "following" them and then claiming they were stalking you?

I dunno, a strong evidential trail that Zimmerman was, in fact, stalking Martin and got out of his car to chase him on foot with a deadly weapon?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
Well, we'll never know. The chances of seeing a black kid in Woodridge are worse than winning the lottery :lol:

There's at least two black families and three hispanic families within a 500 feet of my house, but I really don't know why you thought this was some kind of winning point before and think it is now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
I don't think that's lost on most people. But why make two tragedies by putting a guy in jail for life (since you would have preferred murder 1 charges) over a dumb decision?

It's not a tragedy to put a murdered in jail for committing murder

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)
You were referring to you acting as Martin. My mistake.

And stop with your overreacting to everything I say. Jesus f***ing Christ. I'm not saying no one should go to jail. I'm saying if you're wrong in your assessment of the facts, and Zimmerman did what Mr. Genius laid out, then he could potentially be in jail for the rest of his life for not being patient enough to wait for the cops arming himself with a deadly weapon and chasing after an innocent teenager on foot. That too, is sad and shouldn't be forgotten.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2835304:date=Jul 12, 2013 -> 12:30 PM:name=iamshack)-->
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
<!--quotec-->I guess I feel like we have police officers for a reason. When you try to assume the role of the police, and you are not trained to do so, bad things happen.

If enough people were to do this, it sort of encourages more people to feel as though they need to be carrying guns because it just isn't safe anymore.

Then all the sudden everyone is walking around with guns and these sort of misunderstandings begin occurring exponentially more frequently.

Ask the people of Detroit how waiting for the cops works out (an old clip but still good):

I get your general sentiment, but police departments and cops aren't good all the time. They're slow. They're ineffective. I have no problem with people taking the initiative to clean up their neighborhood. With limits, obviously.

Martin should have been armed to defend himself against this creep who was stalking him through the neighborhood.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
Martin should have been armed to defend himself against this creep who was stalking him through the neighborhood.

Exactly. Then we have a situation where everyone feels they need to arm themselves, and all hell breaks lose.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
Exactly. Then we have a situation where everyone feels they need to arm themselves, and all hell breaks lose.

Every state has concealed carry laws. And all hell hasn't broken loose! :ph34r:

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
Now you're excluding context. He wasn't simply walking down the street. He was following somebody for several minutes, including chasing after them on foot once the person began to flee.

Everyone keeps saying Zimmerman chased after him. Then why in the hell couldn't Martin make it home? Why did he hide? Surely it wasn't because Zimmerman was going to run him down before he reached his father's apt. Seems like Mr. Martin, who was a little high at the time, and had a history of fighting, was looking to kick the crackers ass. He did and got a little more in return. When they make following someone illegal, then I will support a conviction for Zimmerman.

All I'm gonna say is that it's a real b**** move to pull out a gun in a fist fight.

So now George is a softie pushover (let's ignore his anger issues and violent past) and Trayvon is an eight armed teenaged killing machine...ok.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)
All I'm gonna say is that it's a real b**** move to pull out a gun in a fist fight.

So now George is a softie pushover (let's ignore his anger issues and violent past) and Trayvon is a teenaged killing machine...ok.

The man doesn't have a shred of pride left but at least he's alive... for now. He practically had a witness berate him and call him a giant f***ing p**** to save his skin.

Not sure if I would want to go out like that.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
Every state has concealed carry laws. And all hell hasn't broken loose! :ph34r:

We have a lot more gun murders/violence then other countries, so I guess it depends on what we consider going to hell.

You may think it takes a million gun deaths a year, I may think it takes 1, difference of opinion.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
The man doesn't have a shred of pride left but at least he's alive... for now. He practically had a witness berate him and call him a giant f***ing p**** to save his skin.

Not sure if I would want to go out like that.

That to me is the most WTF thing about all this...Zim is so b****made he can't get a teen who weighs less than him, off of him without killing him? Really? This is a guy who wanted to be a cop and took MAA lessons and he's now the weakest man alive...please.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
That to me is the most WTF thing about all this...Zim is so b****made he can't get a teen who weighs less than him, off of him without killing him? Really? This is a guy who wanted to be a cop and took MAA lessons and he's now the weakest man alive...please.

Hes a coward. The type of guy who says lets meet at the bike rack and then tells the principal you are going there to fight him as hes crying on the phone to his mommy.

I've no respect for people who go look for fights, get handled, shoot the other guy and claim self defense. Hint, don't be Batman, follow your own guidelines, use common sense and no one gets hurt.

They should send Zim to prison for just being an idiot.

Oh, and guys like him shouldn't be packing heat, he's a flat out moron.

Geraldo Rivera:

I see those six ladies in the jury putting themselves on that rainy night, in that housing complex that has just been burglarized by three or four different groups of black youngsters from the adjacent community. So it’s a dark night, a 6-foot-2-inch hoodie-wearing stranger is in the immediate housing complex. How would the ladies of that jury have reacted? I submit that if they were armed, they would have shot and killed Trayvon Martin a lot sooner than George Zimmerman did. This is self-defense.

jesus christ

edit: seriously, is there any way to read this besides Rivera advocating for a "shoot unknown black males on sight" policy for white women?

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
Geraldo Rivera:

jesus christ

edit: seriously, is there any way to read this besides Rivera advocating for a "shoot unknown black males on sight" policy for white women?

I submit G Rivera as the biggest moron in these internets, congrats!