Trayvon Martin

StrangeSox

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 06:39 PM)
It says repeatedly follow. That whole situation would be looked at as one individual incident of following.

It also says "a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose."

I think this could qualify as such.

I tend to agree with you, but I think it's close...which, to me, shows that his behavior did rise darn close to a level of unlawfulness.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)
And he caught him? in a chase? you guys are really soft in here if you believe this tub of goo caught a 17 yr kid. Please someone answer WHy didn't Martin just go home?

He ran after the kid, chasing him down with a deadly weapon. Zimmerman had been exercising heavily and had lost 50-80 pounds.

Please someone answer: why didn't Zimmerman just go home instead of chasing this innocent kid on foot while armed with a deadly weapon? Why do so many people think that's an acceptable course of action?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)
News says he put on 110 since the shooting.

i noticed that and wonder how much do they feed prisoners in Florida. what the hell, is he eating ice cream and donuts all day in jail?

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 05:05 PM)
I am saying Martin could have gone home and nothing happens. But he chose to hide and the rest is history. You guys are saying he is a big man and a puss but yet fast enough to "chase" Martin and catch him. No way. I call bulls***.

I am saying that Martin was going home minding his own damn business when Zimmerman reported him to the police for being black, followed him for a period of time and then chased him on foot while armed with a deadly weapon.

I call bulls*** that anyone actually thinks this is a 100% legitimate, rational course of action for an adult to take.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
Never spoke to the severity, just that the injuries were consistent with striking concrete.

Not 20+ times while also having his mouth and nose held close and also having the same person reaching for his gun. Zimmerman has lied repeatedly.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
It also says "a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose."

I think this could qualify as such.

I tend to agree with you, but I think it's close...which, to me, shows that his behavior did rise darn close to a level of unlawfulness.

I don't think that's a fair reading of the law, or at least of the intent of the law.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
You obviously have no clue on what youre talking about here.
this is pretty ironic!

It isnt that easy to get someone off of you from that position if youre getting punched in the face when you have no idea how to defend yourself. And he wasnt taking MMA lessons. He was doing basically cardio workouts at a MMA gym. The gym owner even said he didnt do anything more than punch a heavy bag. He didnt do any MMA type workouts/grappling.

2:51 p.m. ET: Pollack gives Zimmerman a 0.5 on a scale of 10 before his training started. Pollack says Zimmerman trained for about a year, except for a few months of hiatus. He took classes on grappling, boxing and would occasionally come in on his own.

2:48 p.m. ET: Zimmerman wanted to box, but the classes didn't fit his schedule, so Pollack had him start grappling. Zimmerman would have learned chocks, arm locks, leg locks -- "Basically make the person say, 'Uncle,'" said Pollack. Training sessions are normally two hours long and Zimmerman would have taken classes 2-3 times each week.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 07:10 PM)
I don't think that's a fair reading of the law, or at least of the intent of the law.

That is a quote from the actual language of the statute.

Again, I tend to agree it probably is not enough of a pattern of events to be stalking, but I think you can certainly make an argument.

If I send a few threatening messages on Facebook, that could be stalking,, but following a guy around in person for 20 minutes is not?

Read the statute, the same elements are present.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 09:08 PM)
I am saying that Martin was going home minding his own damn business when Zimmerman reported him to the police for being black, followed him for a period of time and then chased him on foot while armed with a deadly weapon.

I call bulls*** that anyone actually thinks this is a 100% legitimate, rational course of action for an adult to take.

I call bulls*** on him reporting him as black. He was asked by 911 what race/color. He did not say I am reporting a black kid.......

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)
I call bulls*** on him reporting him as black. He was asked by 911 what race/color. He did not say I am reporting a black kid.......

He was asked for a description. That's standard. He called because he was black. Also, sadly, standard.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 10:10 PM)
Not 20+ times while also having his mouth and nose held close and also having the same person reaching for his gun. Zimmerman has lied repeatedly.

Funny you call him a liar but the police call it minor inconsistencies that is commom in police reports. Actually said if he was always giving the same exact story then it would be a red flag for lying.

Guess its easy to call him a liar when you've had your mind made up from the moment NBC,MSNBC,CNN etc started reporting this story.

this is pretty ironic!

It isnt that easy to get someone off of you from that position if youre getting punched in the face when you have no idea how to defend yourself. And he wasnt taking MMA lessons. He was doing basically cardio workouts at a MMA gym. The gym owner even said he didnt do anything more than punch a heavy bag. He didnt do any MMA type workouts/grappling.

2:51 p.m. ET: Pollack gives Zimmerman a 0.5 on a scale of 10 before his training started. Pollack says Zimmerman trained for about a year, except for a few months of hiatus. He took classes on grappling, boxing and would occasionally come in on his own.

2:48 p.m. ET: Zimmerman wanted to box, but the classes didn't fit his schedule, so Pollack had him start grappling. Zimmerman would have learned chocks, arm locks, leg locks -- "Basically make the person say, 'Uncle,'" said Pollack. Training sessions are normally two hours long and Zimmerman would have taken classes 2-3 times each week.

He wasnt sparring in these workouts so its not surprising that if he was couldnt get a guy off of him who was dropping punches on him. There have been world class grapplers who couldnt make the transition over to MMA because once they started getting hit repeatedly, there were nowhere near effective.

So to say that Zimmerman should be able to get someone off of him just because he went to some classes isnt a strong argument.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 12, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
i noticed that and wonder how much do they feed prisoners in Florida. what the hell, is he eating ice cream and donuts all day in jail?

he's not in jail...

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 09:02 AM)
Funny you call him a liar but the police call it minor inconsistencies that is commom in police reports. Actually said if he was always giving the same exact story then it would be a red flag for lying.

Guess its easy to call him a liar when you've had your mind made up from the moment NBC,MSNBC,CNN etc started reporting this story.

"You got me!"

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 09:15 AM)
He wasnt sparring in these workouts so its not surprising that if he was couldnt get a guy off of him who was dropping punches on him. There have been world class grapplers who couldnt make the transition over to MMA because once they started getting hit repeatedly, there were nowhere near effective.

So to say that Zimmerman should be able to get someone off of him just because he went to some classes isnt a strong argument.

Remember when you told someone they didn't know what they were talking about and that Zimmerman never took grappling or boxing classes? good times.

Read that the girl who was on the phone with Trayvon testified the last thing she heard was Trayvon say, "Get your hands off me" before the phone went dead.

Is that true? If so, shows Zimmerman put his hands on Martin first.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
Read that the girl who was on the phone with Trayvon testified the last thing she heard was Trayvon say, "Get your hands off me" before the phone went dead.

Is that true? If so, shows Zimmerman put his hands on Martin first.

No one believes any of these eyewitness reports.

Put yourself in that situation. There's no way he's holding the phone properly any more, it's probably being dropped. The phone is about to cut out, it's far away from his mouth.

Then add in the fact that witnesses often don't remember things precisely anyway, and this one might not have realized it was something she needed to remember until well later.

Just another bit of uncertainty about this mess.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
I read the prosecution team could be facing criminal charges down the road. I would imagine a guilty verdict wouldn't mean much if that is the case.

all right, either you need to add a link or details about why the prosecution would be facing charges, because that sounds nuts?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
all right, either you need to add a link or details about why the prosecution would be facing charges, because that sounds nuts?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimm...ml?c=homepage-t

It has to do with speculation stemming from that story. I guess the problem would be the state going after the state if what this guy claims checks out