Bruce Weber to be named Head Coach at Kansas State

Jacob Pullen is not happy: (and can't spell Weber)

Jacob Pullen‏@Jpullz0

I support kstate for life no matter what but I'm not a Bruce Webber fan and I think Kstate can do a lot better.

Bruce Webber didn't think I was good enough to play at Illinois and I don't think he is good enough to coach at Kansas State.

And please don't speak on his national championship run that he made with bill self players and the best backcourt in the big ten three pros.

When he was a senior, Pullen really wasn't good enough to play at Illinois. As time passed, he obviously became a great college player but he was in the shadow of Carlwell and played a different game at KSU than he did at Proviso East.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
When he was a senior, Pullen really wasn't good enough to play at Illinois. As time passed, he obviously became a great college player but he was in the shadow of Carlwell and played a different game at KSU than he did at Proviso East.

Yeah I was going to say Pullen shouldn't be bitter over that. He did more at K State than he was going to anywhere else. They let him take a starring role because they had no other choice and it worked for both parties. If he went to Illinois he probably wouldn't have done as well.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 31, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
Yeah I was going to say Pullen shouldn't be bitter over that. He did more at K State than he was going to anywhere else. They let him take a starring role because they had no other choice and it worked for both parties. If he went to Illinois he probably wouldn't have done as well.

You can't tell an athlete that. They all think they are starters and better than anyone else. Reality is a very rare trait for athletes whether AA baseball players, a HS star/college recruit or whatever. They always think they are better than they really are.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Mar 31, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
You can't tell an athlete that. They all think they are starters and better than anyone else. Reality is a very rare trait for athletes whether AA baseball players, a HS star/college recruit or whatever. They always think they are better than they really are.

True, but that doesn't mean he should call out Bruce Weber's hiring. Doesn't it also look badly upon his loyalty to K State? He's still bitter that U of I passed on him. Shouldn't he be pleased he found K State?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 31, 2012 -> 03:49 PM)
True, but that doesn't mean he should call out Bruce Weber's hiring. Doesn't it also look badly upon his loyalty to K State? He's still bitter that U of I passed on him. Shouldn't he be pleased he found K State?

I concur. Talk s*** if you don't like him as a coach, but dont bring up recruiting from 5 years ago when you weren't even a top prospect. All of the other top schools didn't want you either.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
Here in Jayhawk country, we're loving this hire. Weber isn't a terrible coach, but he isn't as good as or better than Frank Martin either. They have an overbearing AD who ran Martin out of town and they end up with Weber. Sucks for them...

I really don't think that highly of Martin. What's to say he wasn't riding on the coattails of Huggins' recruiting?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)
I really don't think that highly of Martin. What's to say he wasn't riding on the coattails of Huggins' recruiting?

I think a lot of people all expected it to fall to s*** within a couple of years after Huggins but it never did.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
Here in Jayhawk country, we're loving this hire. Weber isn't a terrible coach, but he isn't as good as or better than Frank Martin either. They have an overbearing AD who ran Martin out of town and they end up with Weber. Sucks for them...

Rest assured, we South Carolina fans are ecstatic that KSU's AD was such a jackwagon. And, Martin has done it for 5 years now since Huggins has been gone, its a bit of a stretch to say it is still due to Huggins.