GT 4/15/12 - SOX vs. Tigers - 1:10p CDT - WGN

knightni

Not feeling Ventura's pitching changes today.

1. Ventura let Sale start the 6th. He already had thrown 100 pitches. If Jones starts that inning, then probably Tiggs don't score a run that inning

2. 8th inning. I feel that Stewart should have stayed in there. He did get Tiggs out 1-2-3 in the 8th. But if you want to bring in Ohman, then it has to be for one batter (lefty)..LOOGY..lol...and then bring in Reed.

That is my opinion. Could have probably kept this game 2-1!

Edited by sunofgold

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
Balta, who do you think should be batting 2nd?

No one's going to like hearing me say it, but I'd give Morel at least 2 more weeks.

If things continue the way they are, Dunn will be dropping in the order along with Morel, and Viciedo will be moving up, and then there will be a De Aza/AJ/Konerko/Viciedo top of the lineup, but then that's pretty aggressively moving Viciedo up.

Anyway...I still say this season is about developing guys, so I'd keep Morel there for a while longer.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
When does the Lillibridge needs to start at third thread start?

And add Escobar at second to that thread as well.

I love Beckman but Kenny and Ozzie destroyed him with all those needless mind games and position shifts.

He'll never be any good to the Sox and it"s a real tragedy.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)

1. Let Sale start the 6th. He already had thrown 100 pitches. If Jones starts that inning, then probably Tiggs don't score a run that inning

2. 8th inning. I feel that Stewart should have stayed in there. He did get Tiggs out 1-2-3 in the 8th. But if you want to bring in Ohman, then it has to be for one batter (lefty)..LOOGY..lol...and then bring in Reed.

Yep, pretty terrible decision making by Ventura today with the pitchers. Of course, he did have a good lineup set today and the offense failed to show up. This game is one of those games you just lose in every aspect.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
And add Escobar at second to that thread as well.

I love Beckman but Kenny and Ozzie destroyed him with all those needless mind games and position shifts.

He'll never be any good to the Sox and it"s a real tragedy.

They even destroyed his name...

Absolutely HATE. HATE. HATE. winning the first two games and losing the last. Even if it's a series win, somehow doesnt feel like it. They need to rock Baltimore tomorrow, get the bad taste out of their mouths...

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)

1. Let Sale start the 6th. He already had thrown 100 pitches. If Jones starts that inning, then probably Tiggs don't score a run that inning

Disagree on your first statement thought the decision was fine given the batter was Prince..... I do agree he probably should of left Stewart in but he probably is still feeling out his team, I'm sure Robin will have less and less confidence in Ohman as the season progresses.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
Yep, pretty terrible decision making by Ventura today with the pitchers. Of course, he did have a good lineup set today and the offense failed to show up. This game is one of those games you just lose in every aspect.

If Porcello can throw like this all year, then a lot of offenses will be failing to show up.

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
Absolutely HATE. HATE. HATE. winning the first two games and losing the last. Even if it's a series win, somehow doesnt feel like it. They need to rock Baltimore tomorrow, get the bad taste out of their mouths...

Philip Humber has a philled up gas tank. (man, that was bad).

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)

I'll take 2 of 3 every series :lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
No one's going to like hearing me say it, but I'd give Morel at least 2 more weeks.

If things continue the way they are, Dunn will be dropping in the order along with Morel, and Viciedo will be moving up, and then there will be a De Aza/AJ/Konerko/Viciedo top of the lineup, but then that's pretty aggressively moving Viciedo up.

Anyway...I still say this season is about developing guys, so I'd keep Morel there for a while longer.

Viciedo should be behind Konerko tomorrow.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 05:03 PM)
Viciedo should be behind Konerko tomorrow.

He's getting there, but there's plenty of "Mental reasons" to take it easy with the kid. We've screwed around enough with him, let's at least let him get comfortable in the lineup.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:01 PM)
Disagree on your first statement thought the decision was fine given the batter was Prince..... I do agree he probably should of left Stewart in but he probably is still feeling out his team, I'm sure Robin will have less and less confidence in Ohman as the season progresses.

Not sure why Ventura doesn't trust Stewart. He could have even brought Stewart in the sixth to start the inning. He is the long reliever and that seemed like a spot for the long reliever since our Sale threw so many pitches and could only go five.

Didn't like Sale starting the sixth. He already threw 100 pitches. Tiggs were having good ABs against him. Sale must have been tiring.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)

A few more YEARS at third is not going to make a talent-deficient ballplayer any better than what he is now.

The experience is over, next rabbit out of Kenny's hat please.....

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 05:05 PM)
Not sure why Ventura doesn't trust Stewart. He could have even brought Stewart in the sixth to start the inning. He is the long reliever and that seemed like a spot for the long reliever since our Sale threw so many pitches and could only go five.

Didn't like Sale starting the sixth. He already threw 100 pitches. Tiggs were having good ABs against him. Sale must have been tiring.

Sale started the 6th because it was Prince Fielder, a tough lefty, at the plate, and Sale against Fielder, even while tired, seems like a better matchup than Stewart or Jones against Fielder to start an inning.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 15, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)

Because he got absolutely destroyed every time out at the end of ST and that's still in Robin's mind, probably.

That and he had an ERA of near 7 against every team in the majors not named the Twins' AAA/AA line-up.

13 runs for CLE now today against KC. They definitely woke up their bats.

Dunn now 7/30, .233.

The R/L splits are crazy again, though.

AJ with another early season RBI, 8. Doesn't feel like he's started out with 10 RBI's in April for a LONG, LONG time.

Edited by caulfield12