Game Thread 4/27: Sawks @ Sox, 7:10pm, The U

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigers take the lead back again from the Yankees, 5-4.

Verlander getting touched up a bit in this game, though.

And Ryan Tannehill's wife is super-hot, just an aside.

And Miguel Cabrera already has 1000 RBI's in his career, not yet age 29. I think there are something like 20 or 21 active player at that mark or above.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 02:07 AM)
Our hitters really have to learn how to foul off tough 2 strike pitches. They leave themselves to the umpire's mercy an awful lot.

Agreed. They seem to take a lot of two strike pitches and not protect the plate

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
Our hitters really have to learn how to foul off tough 2 strike pitches. They leave themselves to the umpire's mercy an awful lot.

I say this and I get b****ed at. It's so damn true.

Pitches are just too damn close to take...I don't care if it's just off the corner.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
I say this and I get b****ed at. It's so damn true.

Pitches are just too damn close to take...I don't care if it's just off the corner.

I'm not going to fault the guys hitting .170 for it.

They can't even hit the ball when it's in the middle of the plate...we don't need them trying to foul off pitchers pitches off the corners.

The established hitters that are actually good, yes, I agree with you.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
I'm not going to fault the guys hitting .170 for it.

They can't even hit the ball when it's in the middle of the plate...we don't need them trying to foul off pitchers pitches off the corners.

The established hitters that are actually good, yes, I agree with you.

I know that you and I have been around and around on this...all I'm gonna say is that our young guys aren't hitting .170's because they are getting screwed by the umps. They are hitting .170's because they have zero clue how to protect the plate with 2 strikes.

If we're giving guys a free pass to take pitches just off the plate with 2 strikes for the simple fact that they suck at hitting pitches down the middle...then we have a huge problem.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
Morel chased ball 4 after not swinging at the first 5 pitches. My gosh, take Beckham out of his misery and bench him/demote him.

Please don't - I'm enjoying watching Gordon getting back to who he really is...or whatever that off season epiphany was

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
I know that you and I have been around and around on this...all I'm gonna say is that our young guys aren't hitting .170's because they are getting screwed by the umps. They are hitting .170's because they have zero clue how to protect the plate with 2 strikes.

If we're giving guys a free pass to take pitches just off the plate with 2 strikes for the simple fact that they suck at hitting pitches down the middle...then we have a huge problem.

They're also not batting .170 because they're getting called out on 3rd strikes off the plate.

They're hitting .170 because they're having trouble hitting ANYTHING.

So let's not expand the zone on them and make things exponentially more difficult.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
Watching Beckhams AB on game day, saw in play, outs. Thought to myself, based on pitch position and count, thats an infield pop out. Way too predictable.

Based on Beckham at bat, that's an infield pop out.