The Avengers/Marvel Comics thread

caulfield12

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:20 AM)
For reals though, this movie was so awesome. I almost passed out during the big fight in New York City. I was on geek over load.

Also Mark Ruffalo was awesome as the Hulk. I've only seen him in one other movie, so I was unsure how he was gonna be.

Agreed on both accounts. Ruffalo blew previous Hulks out of the water.

Every space scene looked fantastic in 3D. Like you were f***ing there.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 8, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
If DC ever wants to make a series of movies that will approach what Nolan's Batman movies are at, they will make The Death of Superman.

Even better - the Death and Return of Superman so Shaq can reprise his role from STEEL. Ha.

Seriously, though, given movie goers are falling in love with goofy galactic s*** like Thor (not making fun, loved it), you'd think they'd try to pull off that Return of Superman storyline. There were so many characters, and rocking a Cyborg evil Superman would be tight as f***.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 8, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
It's worth noting that Andrew Garfield (the new Spider-Man) was randomly on The Avengers set while it was filiming. Even though Sony owns the movie rights to Spidey...maybe they reached a deal so that he can be in Avengers 2?

I've always felt Spider-Man was the most "made for movies" superhero, so throwing him in the Avengers sequel could be great.

If Marvel really wanted to get folks to masturbate, they'd get Spidey and Wolverine in one of the future movies.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 9, 2012 -> 10:24 AM)
Closest IMAX to me is an hour away - is this one of those movies where it really makes it that much better to go and see it in IMAX 3D?

I thought the 3D for Avengers was pretty cool. I plan on going again to see it at the IMAX.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
Even better - the Death and Return of Superman so Shaq can reprise his role from STEEL. Ha.

Seriously, though, given movie goers are falling in love with goofy galactic s*** like Thor (not making fun, loved it), you'd think they'd try to pull off that Return of Superman storyline. There were so many characters, and rocking a Cyborg evil Superman would be tight as f***.

Cyborg Superman would be cool, but DC needs to stop messing around just put Darkseid in a movie.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
DC needs to stop messing around

The end. Marvel has lapped them. If DC didnt do the one thing right and bring in Nolan for reviving Batman, they would be in some deep s*** right now

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
The end. Marvel has lapped them. If DC didnt do the one thing right and bring in Nolan for reviving Batman, they would be in some deep s*** right now

Those Nolan/Batman movies are coming to an end. That Superman movie coming out next year better be good.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:27 AM)
Those Nolan/Batman movies are coming to an end. That Superman movie coming out next year better be good.

Yep. I have read some good things about the upcoming Superman though. Lots of rumors about a secondary villain to Zod/Ursa/Non that is not named Lex Luthor. Some speculation it is brainiac, which would be very cool.

Any way about it, im glad Luthor is supposedly out of the picture and they are moving on to some of his other villains

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
I hope they don't do a lot of back story in the new Superman movie. I think everyone knows how Superman happened. He has only been around since 1938.

There is. Diane Lane and Kevin Costner are playing Mr and Mrs Kent. So, you will learn again how it all happened

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
And that movie has now become irrelevant to me.

LOL, you know they will be in it for like 15 minutes.

Just remember, when Nolan picked Heath Ledger for the Joker we all laughed very hard

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
Just remember, when Nolan picked Heath Ledger for the Joker we all laughed very hard

I'm unsure that this is true. I know a lot thought it was out of nowhere, but dude had acting chops.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
I'm unsure that this is true. I know a lot thought it was out of nowhere, but dude had acting chops.

hmm. Im not the biggest fan of Costner and Lane, but I would say they both have these chops that you speak of. But of course they dont have "10 things I hate about you" and "A Knights Tale" as their shining stars

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
I bet there is a outline/blueprint of movies in the Marvel studios somewhere that maps their designs on these movies. I would love to take a look at that and see where they are going with it

Oh yeah. I just really want to know if Marvel Studios plans on buying back rights (like the Avengers from Paramount) or want to make a deal where the other studios just get cuts of the profits.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
Oh yeah. I just really want to know if Marvel Studios plans on buying back rights (like the Avengers from Paramount) or want to make a deal where the other studios just get cuts of the profits.

Now that Marvel has a good foothold in the industry you have to believe that is the plan. They cant be happy seeing flicks like Wolverine getting released where they have no input

What about Magneto and a new army of mutants fighting Justice League or the Avengers?

Guess the X-Men don't quite have the "cache" to stand toe-to-toe with the Avengers, powers-wise or box office clout wise.

Hopefully the quality of the individual movies will continue to trend upward.

Iron Man 2, John Carter (not sure how to categorize him), Green Lantern, if you include the Green Hornet...there have been a lot of disappointments recently. Now the stakes have been raised.

Thor and Captain America were somewhere in the middle, where they have many fans and a seemingly equal amount of detractors.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2012 -> 05:59 PM)
Now that Marvel has a good foothold in the industry you have to believe that is the plan. They cant be happy seeing flicks like Wolverine getting released where they have no input

What they should do is forget X-Men: The Last Stand existed and re-do what it was supposed to be. The Dark Phoenix saga.

But also, I don't see how if they got to a Civil War Movie...how it wouldn't be a cash cow for everyone involved (Sony, Fox, New Line Cinema)

If they got a good writer (Whedon), the opening weekend profits alone would be massive.

Avengers made mad money, but now throw in Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Wesley Snipes as Blade, Andrew Garfield as Spidey, and everyone else. The box office would explode.