The Avengers/Marvel Comics thread

caulfield12

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 09:33 AM)
Based on his barroom cameo in the first film I bet he has.

It kind of bothers me. I am ready for a new take on Wolverine. I like Jackman, but I think they made Wolverine too emotional in all of his appearances. The wolverine in the comics enjoyed cutting off body parts.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm cautious of Days of Future's Past. It's a great story...but the X-men movies all take extreme liberties with the property. And Dark Phoenix should have been worlds better. Also, with Wolverine, it becomes Wolverine feat. Some Mutants.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
I'm cautious of Days of Future's Past. It's a great story...but the X-men movies all take extreme liberties with the property. And Dark Phoenix should have been worlds better. Also, with Wolverine, it becomes Wolverine feat. Some Mutants.

Bad things happen when Bret Ratner is in charge

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
Bad things happen when Bret Ratner is in charge

Like writing out half the cast. But still, Cyclops always took a back seat to Wolverine in the movies, despite being the leader who Wolverine is supposed to butt heads with.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/06/joe...irect-daredevil

If Fox doesn't start making Daredevil by Oct. 10, Marvel gets him back.

They might let them retain the rights however if Fox relinquishes the Fantastic Four characters.

So Daredevil, Elektra, Kingpin, Jessica Jones, (maybe) Luke Cage, Bullseye vs. Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Galactus, and Silver Surfer

I'd want Daredevil if I was Marvel, but they risk losing both of them if Fox got it started before Oct. 10

The main reason being that I think Daredevil would be the perfect opportunity for Marvel to try it's own Nolanesque films.

Edit: I misread that. It'd mainly be Daredevil franchise vs. Silver Surfer and Galactus.

DON'T DO IT MARVEL

Edited by Quinarvy

I had a discussion with my buddy about Daredevil. Incredibly hard property to translate to a movie. Showing how his blindness is interpreted by him is probably the hardest part.

I am looking forward to a F4 reboot though

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
I had a discussion with my buddy about Daredevil. Incredibly hard property to translate to a movie. Showing how his blindness is interpreted by him is probably the hardest part.

I am looking forward to a F4 reboot though

I think something like the phone system thing used by Fox and Batman in TDK would work to show his blindness at first. Then show it being refined after he's gotten use to it.

Then don't show anything else from his viewpoint.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 05:16 PM)
Whedon will also develop a pilot TV show for ABC centered in the Marvel universe (no other details here other than that).

Rumors are that it is heavily about S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and how they interact with the superheros, as well as interact with the world in the fallout of Loki's invasion.

Any way about it, it is awesome. Joss Whedon was born for this

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 05:25 PM)
Rumors are that it is heavily about S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and how they interact with the superheros, as well as interact with the world in the fallout of Loki's invasion.

Any way about it, it is awesome. Joss Whedon was born for this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinema...erse#Television

In December 2010, it was reported that Twilight screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg is developing a series originally for ABC titled AKA Jessica Jones, based on the comic book series Alias created by Brian Michael Bendis.[66] In November 2011, Rosenberg stated that the TV show would center on Jessica Jones and would have principal parts for Luke Cage and Carol Danvers. She also confirmed that the TV series would absolutely take place in the larger "cinematic" Marvel Universe and Tony Stark and Stark Industries are in the current pilot script but admitted, "As we go along things will alter in terms of what is made available to us, but we're definitely in that universe. We are in no way denying that that universe exists. And as much as I can I'm going to pull everything in from there that I can use".[67] In May 2012, ABC president Paul Lee stated the network has passed on the series.[68] In July 2012 it was reported that Marvel's TV division had again entered into discussions with ABC to do a show set in the MCU, though at that point it was undecided what the show would be, specifically. It was described as "“a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios being explored, including a high-concept cop show."[69] In August it was announced that The Avengers director Joss Whedon would be involved in the show's development.[36]

That plays to the SHIELD angle and could add Luke Cage.

Marvel may have found the director of its next superhero blockbuster. The Hollywood Reporter reports that James Gunn has emerged as the leading contender to direct "Guardians Of The Galaxy" and is "in talks" to helm the project.

Gunn's previous directing credits include "Slither" and "Super." He was married to "The Office" star Jenna Fischer for six years before the couple was divorced in 2007.

Marvel announced that a "Guardians Of The Galaxy" movie would be among its upcoming projects at Comic-Con in July. Based on a comic book that originated in the late 1960s and was re-booted in the '90s, the story features an alien ensemble of superheros: Star-Lord (a policeman), Drax (a musician), Groot (a tree-being), Mantis (an alien-woman hybrid) and Rocket Racoon (a genetically altered racoon). The film is scheduled to be released on August 1 of 2014.

Link

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
Rumor floating around the internets that Agent Coulson will turn into Vision. I had no idea who that was, but I looked him up and if it happens, it makes sense why the are writing in Ant Man

Best evidence: They kept saying he dated a Cellist. Vision dated Scarlet Witch, who was a cellist.

» Life Model Decoys

It's already been established that there are synthezoids and life model decoys in the Marvel movie universe. Life model decoys have been mentioned several times now, in both "Iron Man 2" and "The Avengers," while synthezoids were briefly discussed in "Captain America: The First Avenger." Since there are already fully functioning androids that exist, it seems only fair to assume that The Vision is just around the corner.

» Lack of Emotion

If there's one thing people remember about Phil Coulson, it's that he rarely showed any signs of emotion. Always appearing calm and collected, even after being stabbed through the chest by Loki, Coulson is already android-like in that regard. The fact that he had the foresight to advise Nick Fury to use his untimely death as a means of motivating the team only adds to Coulson's cool and calculated nature.

» Stark Tower Security

Towards the beginning of "The Avengers," Agent Coulson somehow manages to bypass all of the high tech security that Stark Tower has to offer. How is it that Coulson is able to waltz right in to the home of one of the richest and smartest men in the world? Well, perhaps he has the ability to manipulate his density. You know, making himself intangible and what not.

» One Good Eye

After the death of Coulson, Nick Fury states that he "lost his one good eye." While this is clearly a play on words, being as Nick Fury wears an eye-patch, it could also be a reference to Coulson's codename: Vision. In the field, Agent Coulson would act as Fury's eyes allowing him to see anything and everything that Coulson sees firsthand. Get it? Vision? Eyes?

» Jim Hammond

The only thing that Agent Coulson ever showed the slightest bit of enthusiasm for was Captain America. Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch android, fought alongside Captain America on several occasions back in the '40s, according to comic book lore. he body of Jim Hammond is also the original synthezoid on which The Vision was based. It's a stretch, but that could serve as yet another clue that Coulson will come back in android form.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/DGT...H6V8uLKCh9ZU.99