Sox @ Angels 5/17 game thread

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
Beckham is clearly looking to go to the right side now on nearly every pitch.

That's resulting in opposing pitchers throwing inside on him...Gordon has to learn how to turn on those pitches again.

It's one thing to look up the middle or just to make solid contact, but limiting yourself to 1/3rd of the field (where it's very hard for you to drive the ball out), not such a good strategy. Gordon out-thinking himself again.

Apparently, Mike Scioscia inquired about Beckham (with Ed Farmer) and wanted to know the backstory about his personality and make-up...said the Angels would be interested in acquiring him.

I don't know why they'd want him.

And Beckham hit a double to LF last night, that should probably scare them off of living on the outside part of the plate. I'd rather see him looking to RF and adjusting rather than just pulling everything.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 17, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
Hawk still yammering about payback for the hard slide last night. If you'll notice, Alexei didn't trying anything sliding into 2nd today.

Alexei was only halfway to second base....

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 17, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
I coudn't believe Joe sent PK. Thought he was dead at home for sure. Don't know why they cut that throw, but I'll take it.

Hawk said PK ran through stop sign

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 17, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
I coudn't believe Joe sent PK. Thought he was dead at home for sure. Don't know why they cut that throw, but I'll take it.

apparently, he didn't.

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales

Konerko runs through Super Joe's stop sign but scores on AJ's hit.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
I don't know why they'd want him.

I'm sure a lot of teams think they can fix him. Hopefully KW will consider all options and possibly trade him for another talented player who might need a change of scenery (ie: a greater version of the Stewart for Colvin trade).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
I'm sure a lot of teams think they can fix him. Hopefully KW will consider all options and possibly trade him for another talented player who might need a change of scenery (ie: a greater version of the Stewart for Colvin trade).

I wonder if a Pedro Alvarez for Beckham type deal could happen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
I wonder if a Pedro Alvarez for Beckham type deal could happen.

I've absolutely been thinking that, and I'd be all for it. Only issue is Pirates have Walker at 2nd base.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
If he can be fixed, it's gotta look bad for the GM to trade him and have him be fixed.

It happens...as of now, it doesn't look like he's going to be fixed in a Sox jersey. They've given him every chance to succeed, and he hasn't yet. Hopefully this is a mute point come the end of the year and he's a fixture in the Sox organization.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
It happens...as of now, it doesn't look like he's going to be fixed in a Sox jersey. They've given him every chance to succeed, and he hasn't yet. Hopefully this is a mute point come the end of the year and he's a fixture in the Sox organization.

autocorrect?