White Sox releasing $5 upper deck ticket for TOR series

caulfield12

That's cause they don't have any parking lots.

Which, for those of you wondering, is why they continue to outdraw the White Sox. Even for how reprehensible and bland it is Wrigleyville is an urban nightlife area that draws in a ton of people. A railyard, residential neighborhood and sea of concrete isn't going to offer that kind of post-game experience that many people want.

As Bridgeport keeps gentrifying though I'd expect to see the lots start shrinking and shrinking as businesses want to get closer to the park.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
That is private parking........................Cubs have nothing close to $42.00 parking that is Cub owned Mr. Fact. :bringit
when you go to buy tickets on cubs.com, they offer parking as you checkout. there is a $42 parking option.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
when you go to buy tickets on cubs.com, they offer parking as you checkout. there is a $42 parking option.

Jesus...how would you know such a thing?!?!?!

QUOTE (Tuna @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
There are other options...
if you are referring to "other options" as in parking or transportation, yes. I know know that. I didnt say I BOUGHT the parking.

the same "other options" to get to wrigley exist for sox park. in fact, the other options for sox park are better. two cta lines within 3 blocks of gate 5, one metra line within 2 blocks of gate 5 come to mind. only the red line is that close to wrigley. the metra is at ravenswood, and the brown line is at southport.

QUOTE (coco1997 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)
So is this deal still going on? I can't find anything anywhere online mentioning $5 tickets.

NO where special is needed. Just go to the Sox website and click the link for tonights tickets. Look around the top of the upper deck and they are there. I just checked.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 05:54 AM)
So they should sell each seat for a nickel, as it's worth more than a butt not in the seat.

Well, the Cubs have some seats going for a penny, as do the Yankees.

When you consider the person is more than likely going to buy a concession item of some sort, that nickel seat is worth a lot more than $0.00.

Some of them are going to buy a souvenir item or pay for parking.